- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Client facility in South Charleston, WV
This position performs a variety of piping design for plant support or engineering projects to maintain and continuously improve the performance of multiple chemical production units and related auxiliary systems. Besides a thorough technical knowledge about piping design, it is also valuable to have a basic knowledge of chemical and physical processes. The main objective of this position is to provide engineering and technical services to support capital projects, operations and service units.
- Responsible for the preparation of layouts, study drawings and detailed design construction drawings.
- Responsible for meeting project schedules with complete deliverables.
- Responsible for material take-offs, preparation of material requisitions, and bid evaluations.
- Monitors work for compliance with approved design standards to provide quality design, reliable plant operation, and construction economy.
- Prepares design and drafting procedures to standardize design effort.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of reviews or defines engineering scope changes as required for project management.
- Endorses or prepares reports as required of work progress for project and discipline use.
- Develops effort hour forecasts, cost comparisons, scope of work documents and execution plans.
- Assists in schedule development and project planning.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must demonstrate a proficiency in utilizing computer assisted techniques for difficult design applications.
- 5-15 years of related experience in a piping design for a chemical facility.
- 2 years 3D model design review software experience required CadWORX or Plant 3D preferred.
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Proficient with AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of design and drafting techniques, engineering drawings, graphic arts, and reading of drawings.
- Good knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, codes and design criteria.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, and using related documents and drawings prepared by project groups.
- Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other groups associated with the total design effort.
- Proposes options to resolve issues. Has a bias for action.
- Results oriented. Drive to achieve objectives. Accepts the consequences of their actions.
- Constantly & consistently develops deep, collaborative working relationships across all disciplines and departments.
- Ability to assess complex problems, define solutions & implement sustainable improvements to mitigate reoccurrence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to translate creative ideas into tangible solutions.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.
CDI Engineering Solutions, LLC
ConstructionView all jobs at CDI Engineering Solutions, LLC