Functioning as key liaison with Operations, Sales & Supply Chain, this role will oversee the analysis and development of actual to standard operating costs, product costing, trend analysis, labor reporting, product profitability studies, inventory analysis and inventory control. Provide production management reporting and analysis/commentary on performance to budget. Coordinate reporting of KPIs. Support key project related initiatives and supporting analysis. Participate as Finance lead in Operations meetings.
Will interface with operatives and leaders across multiple departments, including but not limited to Operations, Supply Chain, R&D and Manufacturing. Position reports to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
Calculation of Labor and Overhead rates and manage revaluation process. Perform variance analysis related to Purchase Price, Labor and Overhead Variances.
Assist in development of robust cycle counting program and participate as finance lead for semiannual physical inventory and annual fixed asset inventory.
Manage monthly close activities related to inventory and cost of sales. Prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward, and consignment reconciliation.
Calculate the E&O Reserve on a monthly basis and analyze changes prior to month end.
Prepare value stream financials.
Ensure process integrity within Manufacturing and Inventory while working with cross-functional peers to resolve process issues. Drive process improvements and system automation.
Work with Operations and Supply Chain to develop uniform reporting of KPI’s
Partner with Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations to ensure Bill of Materials and Router accuracy including knowledge of cost change impact on financials.
Develop capital investment plans in conjunction with Operations, including financial return evaluation.
Provide accounting direction and support to other departments as required, including plant management, quality, purchasing, planning and supply chain services.
Ad-hoc projects as it relates to inventory and product cost management
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field required.
- Minimum 5+ years of business cost analysis or other relevant experience.
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects and complete them in a timely manner.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organization and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Advanced Excel skills. Strong understanding of Excel formulas and functions.
- Experience with ERP systems (Global Shop, TM1 experience a plus).