Head of Finance
CD Baby Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Head of Finance
CD Baby is a leading online distributor of independent music. We empower our users with a full suite of products to run their digital business, including content ingestion, catalog management, supply chain, analytics and royalty reporting solutions. If you're excited by the idea of helping great independent artists make a living doing what they love, then CD Baby is the place for you.
As Head of Finance at CD Baby, you will play a pivotal role in analyzing, planning and tracking financial results, providing critical business intelligence that empowers executive leadership to make sound decisions. This position will drive strategic initiatives to improve financial reporting through automation and process improvements. This position will also partner with the VP of Accounting at CD Baby to facilitate a finance function where accounting, financial reporting, and FP&A are more closely aligned. This position will report directly to the President of CD Baby, and will also dotted-line report into the parent company's Finance team.
- Serve as manager with oversight over all CD Baby US, CD Baby LATAM (and any new cost centers), AVL Holdings, and AVL Europe financial reporting packages, which may include monthly accounting operations for the non-US and Holdings ledgers.
- Review and sign off on all detailed trial balances, P&L, cash flow, and balance sheet analytics, for all CD Baby (US and LATAM), AVL Holdings and AVL Europe on a monthly basis.
- Prepare financial packages and present financial results, narratives, KPIs, forecasts and analyses to both the president of CD Baby and the parent company's Finance team on a monthly basis, including balance sheets, both summary and detailed income statements, and statements of cash flows.
- Assess the current level of internal controls across accounting and finance functions and offer recommendations on process improvements needed.
- Work with Operations to report key operating metrics into holistic business reporting packages that will inform operating leverage performance.
- Implement granular OpEx analysis with explanation of variances (departmental budget to actual, fixed vs. variable costs, return on marketing spend, build vs. buy on tech spend).
- Build robust, consistent and accurate tracking around key revenue metrics and other performance indicating analytics.
- Develop pro forma run-rate vs. look-back GAAP financial metrics
- Build enhanced revenue analytics and forecasting techniques for key revenue streams
- Assist management in developing cases for new business efforts
- Work with department heads to ensure operating spend is in-line with budgets, including approval of new hires start dates and compensation.
- Develop and refine internal business models used to forecast growth drivers and efficiently manage cash forecasts and cash flows.
- Implement and oversee a standardized annual forecasting process for the operating budget, including revenue projections for all lines of business and operational expense for all departments and cost centers.
- AdHoc financial and data analysis supporting initiatives and projects of CD Baby's President and parent company's Finance department.
- 6+ years of progressive financial-analytical experience.
- Strong financial and analytical background having supported the budgeting, forecasting and cost management processes in a Finance or FP&A capacity.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Software applications, particularly Excel, and ability to learn and reconcile to other accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and financial statement creation (P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flows).
- Expert in modeling and summarizing model results into clear and actionable communications and narratives.
- Strong attention to detail, can synthesize large volumes of information, and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in music industry and understanding of the streaming industry specifically, is a bonus.
In light of the global pandemic, all CD Baby teams are working in a remote capacity. When we return to the office, we expect we'll be working in a hybrid model.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, CD Baby does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of sex, age, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status or disability.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
CD Baby is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business and is an important principle of sound business management.
It is Company policy not to discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Any individual who can be reasonably accommodated for a job, without undue hardship, will be given the same consideration for that position as any other applicant. The People Team is responsible for implementing this policy, including resolution of reasonable accommodation, safety and undue hardship issues.
- If you are a recruiter, please do not contact us with candidates for this position unless we have engaged with you to do so.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at CD Baby