Project Manager, Lean & Manufacturing Consulting Services
Competitive Capabilities International (CCI) is a global operations excellence management company that drives sustainable bottom line results for its clients by building world class capability and best practices across the entire value chain. With 35 years’ experience, CCI’s footprint spans more than 70 countries, with over 2000 operations across the global. TRACC, CCI’s signature product, was originally developed and launched in 1997. TRACC is a Value Chain Improvement Solution that powers the business improvement initiatives of some of the world’s leading organizations.
CCI is in search of a Project Manager, Consulting Services. The Project Manager supports the Americas Operations Director. The main function of this position is to manage and lead the implementation of lean principles in manufacturing and supply chain, driving our TRACC product at a client level, ensuring that the objective and expectations of our clients are met. This will require the Project Manager to have a deep understanding and knowledge of continuous improvement and the lean principles, the Project Manager will manage the internal CCI team and coordinate their deployment to meet client goals. It is a role that requires program and project management skills and hands-on implementations skills using the TRACC methodology.
About this Role
This is a remote/home-based full-time employee position in the North-East or Central part of the United States that requires frequent travel to client sites within North America (Canada, United States, and Mexico).
Create Project Plan, Manage and Lead the implementation of the TRACC product at client level
- Review client contract and in collaboration with key internal stakeholders create a detailed project plan. Detail project work breakdown structure, purchase orders, project billing, project contacts – all items that are required
- Develop, in collaboration with client stakeholders, the key deliverables and key performance measures that will serve to gauge the effectiveness of TRACC implementation and fulfillment of customer objectives
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel (ensuring resource availability and allocation) including support, service, and management resources as well as the skills mix of the project teams, in order to meet the client’s performance objectives
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to the defined client needs and objectives by proactively assessing client needs on an ongoing basis, and formulating action plans where required
- Able to implement core TRACC’s (Accelerate, Rapid Deployment, Loss & Waste, Change Management, TeamWork, Visual Management, Focused Improvement, 5S, Setup Time Reduction, Asset Care, Autonomous Maintenance, Quality, EHS), as well as able to gain/grow knowledge and become SME within specific TRACC’s
- Guide clients in creating action plans to close the gaps identified during assessment, and support them in the execution of those plans using TRACC knowledge
- Conduct effective risk analysis of project implementation and objectives, and propose relevant countermeasures
- Continuously monitor resource and implementation plans with clients and communicate clearly the progress of implementation to internal and external stakeholders
- Capture and analyze client feedback and transform findings into action plans, collaborate with Solutions to drive client insights and positive change to products
- Coach and mentor client teams to be able to take on a bigger role in the TRACC implementation, as well as coach internal CCI consultants to further their development and improve their performance to meet client goals.
- Coach and guide Consultants on leading project teams of both CCI and client personnel in the implementation of improvement methodologies (DMAIC, Lean tools, etc.) to deliver quick wins for clients
- Coach and guide Consultants on leading client assessments of TRACC Best Practices and performance, to assess client’s overall maturity stage
- Coach and guide Consultants to deliver best practice related training at operator, middle and senior management levels, as well as coach these managers in the implementation of these practices, with the purpose of building the internal capability of the client to support the TRACC implementation
Develop client relationships
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, client stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Escalate client issues to Director of Operations or Key Account Director if unable to successfully resolve
Provide insights into client implementation progress and growth
- Identify and grow sales opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
- Use of technical skills and knowledge of TRACC (mid/high level) to diagnose customer’s needs and upsell/prescribe consulting solutions, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel
- Stay up to date with TRACC material, continually reading to ensure knowledge is updated
- Participate in a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
Knowledge sharing and personal development
- Contribute to CCI knowledge base by reviewing current CCI material and submitting improvement suggestions and assisting with product development when required
- Create/manage consulting Statements of Work (SOWs)
- Input/maintain consulting schedule in forward loads
- Establish and facilitate weekly call with consulting resources to ensure issues are proactively addressed
- Manage performance of CCI consultants working for client when on-site
- Routinely verify consistency between consultants
- Review/approve all client billable time and expenses entered in Accounting system in timely manner to allow client invoices to be processed without delay
- Ensure consulting costs (time and expenses) meet budgeted margins and optimize consulting utilization at the client
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
Complete personal administrative responsibilities correctly and timeously
- Ensure invoicing of billable time and expenses are done within the agreed framework between the client and CCI
- Work with Accounting to verify billable time and expenses for their assigned projects within a timely manner
- Ensure that personal administrative responsibilities (timesheets, expenses, etc.) are done correctly and timely
Technical Skills Required:
- Excellent presentation skills and verbal and written communications skills
- High proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite
- Good administrative skill sets
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Expert knowledge in Project Management Tools (MS Project, Visio) is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain is required
- Masters in Business Administration from an accredited University is highly desired
- At least 5-8 years of experience in consulting and/or Industrial Engineering/Plant Management
- Accredited as TRACC Master Trainer and Master Facilitator (Provided by CCi upon hiring)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Willingness to commit the additional time and effort necessary during periods of heavy workload in order to meet project milestones and implementation deadline
- Strategic Thinker
- Effectively able to deal with different levels within the organization
- Multi-lingual (Canadian/French, Spanish/Portuguese) preferred, but not required
Travel (required estimated % of time) up to 80%
*This is not an exhaustive list of job duties that may be required for this employee position.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.