Accounting Manager (Orlando, FL remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you live and breathe all aspects of financial accounting? Does maintaining and applying accounting principles, practices, and procedures in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and corporate policies to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting sound exciting? Well keep reading, because Competitive Capabilities International (CCI), a global operations excellence management company is looking for an Accounting Manager.
About Competitive Capabilities International (CCI)
At CCi, our mission is to help build efficient and sustainable organizations that empower people to do their best work. With our continuous improvement platform and digital applications, we help businesses unlock greatness in everyone on the journey to world-class performance.
CCi has a 35-year track record of helping leading organizations build competitive capability through maturity-based best practice implementation. We are immensely proud of our continuous improvement solution, TRACC, which has transformed over 3000 supply chains in more than 75 countries.
About this role
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to historic financial accounting. This position will be responsible for maintaining and applying accounting principles, practices, and procedures in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and corporate policies to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the accounting team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. The position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, monthly financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager reports to the Global Financial Manager.
Where you will be located: (APPLICANT MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE IN THE ORLANDO, FL or GREATER ORLANDO SURROUNDING AREAS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION). This position is a remote, home office-based position located in the Orlando, Florida and Greater Orlando surrounding areas.
How you will be rewarded: CCI offers a competitive base salary, generous time off, and a comprehensive benefits plan.
You will be working with:
- Regional Leadership Team
- Global Finance Team
- Regional People & Culture Partner
- Our Clients
You will make an impact by:
- Ensuring compliance with internal control policies.
- Supporting Global Financial Manager in financial audit of CCi Inc group consolidated financials, global consolidation and reporting, and statutory accounting practices and regulations relevant to CCi US and UK based entities.
- Being responsible for CCI Inc consolidated accounts, EON Platform and Business Properties.
- Being accountable for the compilation of information for preparation of tax returns with CPA and ensures full tax and other statutory compliance for the CCi US and UK based entities.
- Accountability for maintaining and applying policies, procedures, and strategy for accounts receivable collections.
- Participating in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Analyzing the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Preparing detailed journal entries and account analyses.
- Managing the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation.
- Interacting with the Global Financial Manager and Global Financial Controller to produce timely, efficient, and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting throughout year-end.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices.
- Participating in strategic financial projects including implementation of ERP software(s).
- Supporting cash management, including performing international wire transfers, ACH payments, and maintaining lines of credit.
- Making recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud.
- Managing accounting payroll activities, responsible for the performance management of CCi US based accounting team and for CCi Inc Finance & Accounting budget management
- Through effective relationship management with both the internal and external stakeholders of the business, creating a conducive environment for interaction with all departments across board as well as suppliers and customers.
To excel in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related major required.
- CPA license required and MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of broad financial and operations experience required.
- Ability to develop and establish financial policies and procedures.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience in the preparation and submission of Tax returns.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables and various formulas including vlookup, sumif, index, match, etc.)
- Accounting systems experience preferred (NetSuite, and QuickBooks, etc.)
- Professional Service Automation systems experience preferred (OpenAir)
- Thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including time & expenses, fixed-fee, not-to-exceed, milestone billing and how it is applied in billing process preferred
- Team player with highly developed interpersonal skills, who can engage with people at all levels inside and outside the company and involve and collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Analytical ability to analyze and improve current practices, performance and company processes.
- Proactive and drives hard for results. Takes ownership of tasks and needed action to meet targets.
- Ability to think and communicate at a strategic level.
- Presence and credibility to professionally present information to top management.
- Ability to build high performing teams.
- Great communication skills and strong relationship management skills both with internal and external stakeholders.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of job duties; therefore, any other tasks, duties and responsibilities may be as assigned by management
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at CCi