Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About CCS Fundraising
CCS Fundraising is an international strategic fundraising firm that partners with nonprofits for transformational change. For seven decades, CCS has empowered many of the world’s greatest organizations across sectors to advance some of the most important causes in history. We plan, manage, and implement programs and initiatives that achieve fundraising goals and mission impact.
CCS is committed to building and developing a global team of compassionate professionals that reflects the world and communities in which we live. One where our employees – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, different abilities, age, veteran status, or other invisible traits – are valued, are provided the opportunities to contribute equally, and are rewarded equitably.
The following is a sampling of our recent clients:
- The National Museum for African American History and Culture
- Spelman College
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Yellowstone Park Foundation
- University of San Francisco Medical Center
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- The Archdiocese of Los Angeles
CCS provides tailored support to more than 500 nonprofit organizations annually. With over 400 professionals and 14 offices throughout the United States and Europe, we have the capacity to help local and international organizations achieve outstanding results.
The HR organization within CCS leads strategy and execution for professional development and employee growth initiatives. We are a knowledge and professional services business, and a cornerstone of our firm values are excellence, inclusion, and innovation. Creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable culture where we all feel welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we are headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation, and succeed together.
Understanding the Role
The Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Manager will play a critical part in supporting our diversity, equity, and inclusion goals and provide subject matter expertise related to our overall strategy. This role will serve as the primary liaison and key partner to CCS’s employee resource groups (ERGs) and DEI Working Group. The manager will lead and support the design and implementation of the internal DEI cultural efforts to embed inclusion into business operations and the development and oversight of DEI related efforts in the areas of reporting, workforce analysis, and ERGs. This position will report to the Vice President of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion and will interact with leaders and employees across the firm.
Responsibilities/Scope of Work
- Manages projects, operational objectives, process improvement initiatives, and administrative goals. Supports the logistics, planning, and coordination of the DEI Working Group meetings and provide support to subcommittees.
- Manages the DEI reporting and data function to include DEI reports, dashboard maintenance, and project tracking, providing DEI Working Group with clear milestone plans that deliver projects on time and with demonstrated expertise.
- Provides oversight and guidance for CCS’s employee resource groups. Foster the growth of new and existing ERGs by building collaborative relationships with allies, leads, executive sponsors, and members to positively impact the firm.
- Supports in the development of program materials to use for advancing DEI awareness, learning, and action planning.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships across the firm to align activities with corporate activities.
- Supports the DEI team by providing input into quantifying organizational pain points and challenges, prioritizing action in areas that will deliver greatest impact.
- Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, understand, and address bias blockers, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs as you implement the strategy and align resources.
- Provides input and support for recruiting efforts to increase diverse representation across the firm and leverage ERGs in recruitment efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
The firm seeks talented professionals passionate about driving inclusive excellence. CCS values diversity, equity, and inclusion experience as well as transferable skills in project management, process management, marketing, communications, and strategic planning. Qualifications include:
- 3-5 years of experience coordinating, developing, and/or managing DEI initiatives and programs.
- 1-3 years of experience in project and/or program management.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, psychology, sociology, communications, or equivalent related experience.
- Excellent knowledge of DEI best practice and a proven track record of translating best practice into action.
- Strong project and process management skills.
- Strong data analytics skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to balance and prioritize competing responsibilities.
- Self-starter with high self-motivation and encouragement toward others.
- Exceptional independent judgement.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with the ability to become familiar with firm-wide specific programs and software.
- Cultural flexibility/adaptability.
- Change management understanding and experience a plus.
This position will be located in Chicago or New York City. Please note that the administrative functions of the firm are currently operating 100% remotely. Plans related to a return to the office are evolving.
CCS offers a competitive benefits package and is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Non ProfitView all jobs at CCS Fundraising