Surgery Center Staff Nurse
- Posted: over a month ago
The Ambulatory Surgery Center Staff Nurse is responsible for providing individualized nursing care to CCRM’s surgery patients and patients having embryo transfers. The staff nurse must demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge in the care of surgery patients and infertility patients. They report to the Surgery Center Manager and takes direction from the physicians related to patient care needs. The staff nurse must function independently in the role, and seek assistant from the physicians, manager and team members as needed. Must be well organized, detailed oriented, self-motivated, possess great customer service skills, and excellent communication skills.
What You’ll Do Every Day
- Complete patient assessment, collection and interpretation of pertinent data relevant to patient’s care.
- Documentation of all assessments, interventions, and patient’s response.
- Prepare supplies/equipment necessary for the surgical patient, and perform cleaning and sterilization of instruments in the surgical suite.
- Demonstrate knowledge of sterile technique and use of equipment in the OR and PACU environment.
- Provide teaching and ability to answer patient questions, utilizing resources needed and available.
- Communicate patient’s condition to MD’s and other providers as needed/appropriate.
- Discharge patients to home/temporary housing as condition dictates. Arrange transfer of patient to hospital if continuing medical care needed.
- Promote a positive work environment, be accountable for personal conduct and actively participate in staff meetings and unit problem solving.
- Demonstrate organizational skills that provide efficient patient care and the smooth operation of the unit on a daily basis.
- Detail oriented approach to paperwork, ensuring it is signed, accurate and complete.
- Coordinates chart review prior to procedure to assure all surgery center and IVF laboratory consent forms are complete and signed.
- Inquire with patient if they have advanced directives and input the forms into the patient’s EMR if forms have been completed.
- Handle emergent situations calmly and efficiently, responding quickly and demonstrating knowledge of emergency procedures and equipment.
- Performs post op call and documents in EMR.
- Assists with QI and research as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, tasks, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities, tasks, and activities of this position are subject to change at any time with or without notice.Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be organized and possess knowledge and skills in nursing care of the surgery patient.
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills related to nursing care of the surgery patient.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent customer service skills along with good communication skills.
- Must possess a high level of independent judgment and accuracy.
- Must be able to communicate positively and professionally with all staff members and patients.
- Must have the ability to function independently, and seek assistance from the physicians and team members as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated to them as well as a willingness to perform duties of other employees as needed.
- Support vision and mission.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Demonstrate an ability to function successfully in a team environment.
- Exhibit courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers. Displays a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Participates in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintains HIPAA and Confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, HIV confidentiality.
- Understands and asses for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Practice Administrator.
- Utilizes time efficiently.
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree, Diploma, and/or Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing required
- Current State Registered Nurse license.
- Current BCLS and ACLS certifications.
- Minimum of one year of previous experience related to operating room nursing and/or PACU, and or critical care experience required.
- Laparoscopy experience required for RNs assisting with GYN surgeries.
- Minimum of three years nursing experience in other RN roles.
This job operated in a professional office and clinical setting with daily use of surgical instrumentation and equipment; daily use of chemicals such as Formalin; daily use of medical supplies, equipment and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners; filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills or splashes of them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involves occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Why Join CCRM Fertility?
As one of the leading providers of fertility services in the nation, CCRM is comprised of the best people in the industry. If you have a desire to be a part of an enthusiastic team, help patients achieve their dreams of parenthood, and grow both professionally and personally, CCRM may be the right place for you. CCRM offers competitive pay and benefits, growth opportunities, and an environment supportive of the success of our teams.What we Offer our Team Members
- Competitive pay and bonus opportunity
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with Company match
- Paid time off and holiday time
- Professional development opportunities
- Job training and cross training opportunities
Non-Exempt (hourly)Pre-Employment Requirements
All offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, professional reference checks, and verification of your eligibility and authorization to work in the United States. Some positions may also require verification of your education, professional licensure and/or certifications, and prior employment.
Who Is CCRM Fertility?
CCRM Fertility is a global pioneer in fertility treatment, research and science. Founded by Dr. William Schoolcraft 35 years ago, CCRM Fertility specializes in the most advanced fertility treatments with deep expertise in IVF, fertility testing, egg freezing, preimplantation genetic testing, third party reproduction and egg donation. CCRM Fertility leverages its own data and a dedicated team of in-house reproductive endocrinologists, embryologists and geneticists to deliver industry-leading outcomes.
CCRM Fertility has 34 locations in North America, serving patients in 12 major metropolitan areas, including Atlanta, Boston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Houston, New Jersey, New York, Northern Virginia, Minneapolis, Orange County, San Francisco Bay Area, and Toronto.
CCRM Fertility is a proud strategic partner of Unified Women’s Healthcare, a focused women’s health company that strategically operates, affiliates, or invests in business that drive better outcomes and experiences for patients for every milestone and moment of her healthcare journey. For more information, visit www.ccrmivf.com.Equal Employment/Anti-Discrimination
We are an equal opportunity employer. In all aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, the choice will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
HealthcareView all jobs at CCRM Fertility
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?