Position Summary: The Business Development Rep is responsible for generating leads, advancing the sales process, closing new business and achieving/assisting in the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The Business Development Rep will conduct research to identify leads and reach business targets through telephone and email. This individual will also actively participate in the planning and execution of company marketing activities providing vital input based on his/her interactions with prospects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead and referrals.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts.
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities to other team members.
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects.
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to appropriate team members with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Make outbound follow-up calls to existing clients via telephone and email to cross-sell and up-sell.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert into sales.
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the company database.
- Attend periodic sales training, meetings, product demos, etc., as necessary.
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position.
- Focuses on selling CCP products with an emphasis on core sku’s to authorized potential customers in assigned territories. Learns product specifications applications and appropriate demonstrations for all products authorized for sale.
- Completes daily and weekly sales activity reports required by the Inside Sales Manager.
Education, Certifications and Licensures:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or a combination of education and experience.
- One to three years of direct work experience in sales or telesales capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects, close deals and achieve sales goals.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices and techniques.
- Strong problem solving and objections resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Experience with Microsoft outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience with CRM software.
- Conducts business in a positive and professional manner when talking to or interacting with customers, suppliers and employees.
- Handles customer inquiries or complaints immediately in consultation with the Inside Sales Manager, if necessary.
- A competitive compensation package that rewards exceptional talent for their contributions
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and prescription drug insurance
- 401(k) with company match, Vacation, Sick and Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Opportunity to participate in sales contests and other incentives
- Dexterity: Ability to make small movements such as typing, picking up small object, or pinching items together.
- Communicating: Especially where one must frequently give and receive detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly. Required to make 60+ telephone calls per day.
- Repetitive Motions: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary, and visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Physical Strength: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
- Must be physically and mentally able to work your required shift.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved instruction, and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
Language Ability: Ability to write and communicate in complex sentences using good vocabulary.
Tranzonic is a proud Government Contractor! This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or transgendered status. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, transgendered status, or disability.
While we are profit-focused, we never want to sacrifice our core values, as we value people over profit. We fully expect all of our employees to adopt and embrace those very same values which have been the foundation of our company for 98 years. We have built our company with an informal family culture stressing end-user value and integrity. We attribute our years of continued success to our people who we feel make all the difference. We are committed to making CCP Industries a company with great products and service as well as a great place to work.