Alister Square Inn is currently seeking dedicated, flexible and service orientated individuals to fill the following position: Housekeeping Supervisor
· Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations.
· Promote teamwork and employee morale. Treat people with respect.
· Supervise Housekeeping staff including Housekeeping Attendants/Laundry Attendants. Complete schedule and ensure that all employees are following their schedule.
· Assign specific duties to staff for efficient operation of Housekeeping.
· Oversee department in all aspects and report to General Manager.
· Ensure that all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniform including nametag, gloves and goggles.
· Capable of operating all equipment in the Housekeeping department.
· Assist in training new employees and review performance.
· Assist in interviewing new perspective Housekeeping employees for the department.
· Resolve routine employee issues as needed and bring issues to the attention of the General Manager as necessary.
· Train employees on OSHA compliance (safety, chemicals, machinery). Identify employees engaging in unsafe behaviors and retrain them appropriately.
· Follow proper use of approved chemicals and accurately label chemical containers. Always use gloves when handling chemicals. (OSHA)
· Complete accident report and refer to general manager. Take steps to prevent future accidents. Follow accident procedure by Alister accident policy.
· Practice safety standards at all times and keep property safe for guest and fellow employees. Use wet floor signs as required. Use personal protective equipment. (OSHA)
· Represent department at staff meetings two times a month.
· Demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy, Fair Employment Practices and Fair Labor Standards Act. Promote a harassment-free work environment.
· Respond to all pages and radio calls immediately.
· Maintain knowledge of property, staff, services, service hours of operation and property surrounding (i.e. attractions, restaurants).
· Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, employees and managers and condo owners.
· Respond to guest complaints. Notify General Manager of guest complaints.
· Communicate and enforce the property’s policies and procedures.
· Ensure cleanliness and organization of linen room, laundry area, lost and found, storage rooms, employee break room and Guest Room Attendant’s Carts.
· Ensure Housekeeping staff is consistently following proper key control procedure.
· Inspect guestrooms for maintenance needs and complete work orders if needed.
· Monitor proper settings for heating/cooling.
· Train staff on how to operate laundry equipment.
· Change linen per Alister SOP
· Clean bathroom, including walls, mirrors, toilet, floor, tub and show curtain;
· Dust, clean inside of drawers, vacuum floors and clean and check under bed;
· Replace amenity items such as linen, terry, boxes housekeeping cart. Know and train proper moving and lifting procedures.
· Ensure general daily cleaning duties are being completed.
· Communicate ready-room status to the Front Desk in a timely manner.
· Assist in cleaning rooms and laundry, if needed.
· Monitor and ensure that the end of each shift, staff cleaned, organized and restocked housekeeping cart.
· Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information at all times.
· Practice energy conservation at all times.
· Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by company.
· Perform other duties as assigned.