This position is located in Port Aransas TX at a Beachfront Condominium Resort. Condominium Resort Office Manager maintains a highly visible profile with all guest, owners and staff. Willingly opens lines of communications with owners, guests and staff and solicits ideas for improvement of property or solicits complaints in the manner in which the property is being managed. Only applicants with prior experience or equivalent property/vacation rental management experience will be considered. Must be experienced with property inspections, bidding, financials, good communication, and excellent follow up skills. Resort provides a remarkable work environment, competitive pay and benefit package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
Assist the property manager in all functions necessary to effectively operate the condominium property and resort operations.
Oversee all office and front desk operations.
Review daily audit reports to ensure billing is correct
Make sure all shifts are covered as scheduled, cover as necessary.
- Follow established key control policy.
- Ensure proper credit policies are followed.
- Ensure the proper completion of the desk agents AM/PM checklist.
- Handle guest situations as they arise in a calm professional manner.
- Assist guests with services and requests.
- Knowledgeable of Fire and Emergency Procedures.
- Be an expert at all employee duties to ensure you are "leading by example" in all that you do.
- Performs all other duties as directed by immediate supervisors.
- Complete other departmental duties as they become necessary.
- Professional contact via telephone with all other property departments such as, Reservations, Sales, Housekeeping, Engineering, etc...is crucial to ensure that resort services are coordinated to provide the best in guest and employee satisfaction.
- Be visible at all times to our guests and staff.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Oversee and supervise all duties performed by all Front Office employees.
- Coach, Counsel & Discipline employees when necessary, using proper documentation and proper techniques.
- Ensure that all Front Office employees complete their essential duties before their departure.
- Ensure that all Front Office employees are posted at their stations at posted time. Assist with all sick calls or tardiness by finding proper coverage, report to work and stay until proper coverage can be found.
- Assist with any scheduled shift problems on the Night audit shifts.
- Accountable for the proper training and daily monitoring of all service levels provided by employees to condo owners, guests and other fellow employees.
- Monitor and maintain proper Front Office operational supplies.
- Accountable for meeting or coming in under payroll and expense budgets.
- Accountable for maintaining and monitoring that all employees follow proper cash handling procedures.
- The ability to ensure the proper image is being maintained by all team members with respect to grooming and uniform standards.
- The ability to make suggestions for improvements in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing guest satisfaction, revenues as well as reducing costs.
- Ensure proper inventory controls, working with Sales and Reservations to ensure maximum selling potential and house balance.
- Ensure accuracy of groups, rooming lists, billing, amenities, arrivals, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of back office, front desk, and common areas.
Key Qualifications include:
- Minimum 2+ years hospitality experience in addition to other professional work experiences that demonstrate leadership capabilities
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptionally strong customer service orientation
- Strong Computer Skills: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Highly-effective ability to build and lead a team of professionals in terms of recruiting, hiring, training, managing, developing, coaching, promoting and releasing employees as necessary