Technical Service Specialist
CCL Label Saint Charles, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Join the Market Leader!
CCL Label is a leader in the printing and packaging industry. The St. Charles, MO location is looking for a 1st SHIFT Technical Service Specialist who thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. The ideal candidate will be organized, energetic and enjoy working with people in a constantly changing environment.
Our Parent company CCL Industries is a world leader in specialty label and packaging solutions for global customers in the consumer packaging, healthcare, consumer durable & automotive markets. CCL Industries employs more than 20,000 people, operating 156 production facilities in 34 countries on 6 continents with corporate offices in Toronto, Canada, and Framingham, Massachusetts.
CCL Label offers competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, FSAs, and life insurance benefits, as well as 401(k) and Profit Sharing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive alerts from Sales Department or Customer Service for the initiation of new label jobs into the company specification system.
- Work with Pre-Production Manager, Production Manager and Departmental Supervisors to create an optimal manufacturing approach to each job.
- Create system based digital entry of CCL manufacturing specifications based upon a review and understanding of customer communications and customer source documents.
- Review customer supplied art documents to ensure that they can be produced in accordance with estimate and equipment capabilities.
- Develop and oversee production testing for customized label production requests.
- Develop or initiate CAD drawings demonstrating label design and features.
- Create mock-ups representing proposed labels for submission to the customers.
- Partners with Estimators to create efficient approaches to manufacturing new designs.
- Must ensure that strict quality standards are met for each project.
- Must be able to simultaneously follow the progress of many projects with strict deadlines.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
BACKGROUND & QUALIFICATIONS: Prefer at least 2-3 years’ previous experience in Graphic Arts, printing, bindery and/or application processes. Comparable work experience may be considered. Mechanical familiarity with printing equipment is required. Previous technical specification entry experience is desirable. Ability to understand, interpret and design technical packaging requirements received by the client.
Facility with numbers and mathematical calculations is required. Experience with spreadsheet and word processing software applications is required. Must be very detail orientated in order to simultaneously follow the progress of many projects with strict deadlines. Professional communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS: The following physical qualifications must be met to perform the essential functions of this job: ability to stand, sit and lift at least 10 pounds unassisted is required. The ability to remain in a seated position and a standing position for long periods of time is required. The ability to see, hear, read and follow verbal directives in English is required.
Drug screen and background check required.
CCL is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
# bindery #printing #production # machine operator #label specification #design
208 Spring DriveSaint Charles, MO
ManufacturingView all jobs at CCL Label