SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for the daily setup and operation of tube labeling equipment. Machinery includes an unloading machine, tube labeler, and an auto-packer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintains a safe working environment and absolute attention to quality at all times Assists loaders and packers as needed
· Handles and feeds material.
· Maintains operating and malfunction/downtime log, required production documentation and process control paperwork.
· Follows quality standards, maintains close tolerances, performs quality checks and maintain a log of non-conforming material with quality issues.
· Monitor equipment to ensure smooth operation and troubleshoot when malfunctions happen.
· Maintains a knowledge of all tooling required for job setup and proficiency in job changeover
· Trains new employees as required
· Assists with examining product when needed
· Ensures trace-ability.
· Complies with company personnel and safety policies and Good Manufacturing Practices
· Keeps workstation clean of debris and scrap.
· Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum 1-2 years of manufacturing experience including some machine operations.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
· Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
· Frequently required to walk
· Occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
· Regular lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
· Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts
· Moderate noise level