Instructional Systems Designer
An international aviation-focused professional service firm seeks Instructional Systems Designer to provide contract services to Puget Sound area aviation client. The position is a 40-hour per week contract opportunity without benefits that’s expected to last two years with possible extensions. This is an ideal opportunity for a talented individual looking to work with great people. We are a people-oriented firm that recruits innovative people to provide quality service and products.
The successful candidate must reside in the greater Seattle area. Relocation costs will not be reimbursed.
Minimum requirements include:
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience with adult learning in classroom training environment, and in interactive self-paced learning in the aviation sector
- Understanding of the use of task analysis programs
- Experience in developing training objectives, performing media selection and creating storyboards for self-paced interactive learning and instructor-led classroom instruction
- Experience designing and developing instructor-led classroom training and self-paced interactive eLearning
- Fully conversant in methods of evaluation and measuring student performance
- Extensive experience using Word, PowerPoint and/or Articulate Storyline
- Must be able to work collaboratively with a small team of dedicated professionals
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be legally allowed to work in the USA
- BA or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology, education, teaching or similar
Experience in the following areas is highly desirable:
- Knowledge of and experience with aviation training
- Experience with Boeing commercial airplane models
- Application of instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Working with subject matter experts
- Technical or professional writing/editing
- Content authoring applications such as Adobe Flash, Adobe Captivate, and Adobe DPS
- Knowledge and usage of simplified English and English as a Second Language strategies
An Equal Opportunity Employer. Serious inquiries only, please.