Telecom Senior Account Manager-Utility Market
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Mid-Atlantic Region: TN, KY, WV, VA, NC, and SC
- Southeast Region: LA, MS, AL, GA, and FL
- South Central Region: NM, OK, and AR
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee-Owned solution provider specializing in telecommunications, comprehensive network assessments, industry-leading engineering, drafting and design services, and 24/7 support services. Come join our team of engineers and experts that guide our customers toward the right choices to future-proof their network for years to come. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking a Telecom Senior Account Manager who is focused on the utility, Muni, Telco, and ESP (Emerging Service Provider) markets. You will manage the sales and marketing activity in a manner that achieves the sales and gross profit goals established in the strategic business plan. You will be expected to deliver sales excellence in relationship, opportunity, and business management enabled through tools, processes, executive engagement, and collaboration with extended teams. As the Sr. Account Manager, you own the direction and focus of your assigned territory. If this sounds like an exciting and challenging environment and you love sales, look no further and join CCI’s family today!
• Develop, maintain, and influence relationships with senior executives and business decision makers.
• Serve as the primary point of contact and build long term relationships with customers.
• Develop and maintain multi-vendor relationships and provide customers with an appropriate technology solution.
• Team with CCI’s engineers and architects to market & sell advanced technology solutions such as: Carrier Networking, Route/Switch, Optical, FTTh Access, Data Center, and Security.
• Utilize market research to prospect for new business with non-customers in the emerging service provider (ESP) industry.
• Establish relationships with the Utility markets within the assigned region.
• Evangelize and promote value & vision through product demonstrations, in-market events, and account specific initiatives.
• Prepare and present quotes, proposals, product overviews, and end-to-end solutions to customers.
• Follow-up on leads in your assigned territory, track and report on contacts, discussions, and orders.
• Deliver revenue and profit growth annually throughout your assigned territory.
• Maintain an accurate, up-to-date customer database utilizing Salesforce.
• Attend targeted trade shows and customer meetings as required.
Skills we are looking for
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering, or related field preferred.
• 5-7 years of outside sales and marketing experience in the Utility and Service Provider space is required.
• Prior experience working for a channel partner including value-added resellers (VARs), systems integrators, managed service providers (MSPs), original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), or the Energy, Utility, or Muni industry is required.
• Strong technical background and industry knowledge selling Broadband Communications such as: FTTx, Carrier Networking, IP/Optical Transport, Data Center Solutions, Security, and other solutions to the Utility, Muni, Telco, and Tribal communities.
• Cisco, Juniper, Ciena, Fortinet, or other Sales Expert Certification preferred. Alternatively, the motivation and willingness to obtain.
• Substantial knowledge or experience in Service Provider, Carrier, or Electrical Co-Op networks.
• Ability to demonstrate the necessary skills to negotiate issues with peers, partners, and customers.
• Must have proven success as an ambitious hunter for new customers.
• Must have a successful track record leading a large territory, strategic account planning, partner development, forecasting, and presenting business solutions.
• Must have met or exceeded annual sales goals.
• Advanced PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, PDF, Salesforce, and cloud-based applications experience.
• The use of sales and marketing skills, which demonstrate the ability to organize, develop, implement, and manage sales and marketing programs, processes, and personnel.
• Excellent people skills and the ability to communicate well, both written and verbally, with customers, employees, and colleagues. Presentation skills are required.
• Tenacity, boldness, assertiveness and a "will to win" in dealing with highly competitive situations.
• High attention to detail and focused.
• Ability to handle sudden priority shifts and be able to switch tasks easily without gaps in productivity and with an understanding attitude.
• Highly responsible, resourceful, accurate, dependable, and self-motivated.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and team building skills.
Shift is Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Availability to work outside normal business hours may be required.
• This position requires 50% to 75% travel within assigned region, 4 days per week, up to 3 weeks per month.
CCI Systems, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at CCI Systems, Inc.