Pre-Sales Network Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why Guide Star? Guide Star is an IT managed services provider specializing in IT technical and end user support, monitoring, managed wireless solutions and security for small and medium size business, internet service providers, and hospitality organizations across the US and Canada. We are a division of CCI Systems, Inc. which is an Employee-Owned solution provider specializing in telecommunications, comprehensive network assessments, industry-leading engineering, drafting and design services, and 24/7 support services. Come join our team of engineers and experts that guide our customers toward the right choices to future-proof their network for years to come. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking a Pre-Sales Network Engineer to provide technical expertise for solution sets and services, and to support pre-sales activities. They will assist in the analysis, design, and development of complete technology solutions while developing and fostering relationships with existing and new customers.
- Partner with Regional Sales Executives and Account Managers in a pre-sales process and provide them with technical knowledge and support of various vendors and solutions offered including VoIP, Managed Wi-Fi, content casting solutions, network design, network monitoring, IT management solutions, and the technical aspects of cybersecurity.
- Prepare and deliver frequent on-site presentations explaining features and benefits to technical and non-technical customers, crafting complex service solutions, and configuring related products to meet specific customer business needs and objectives.
- Provide support to channel partner sales representatives to present the details of solutions and capture information needed to develop a proposal.
- Define, standardize, and coordinate capture of information from customers or field engineers needed to complete solution proposals.
- Engineer required solutions, including bill of materials, scope of work, and labor estimation.
- Develop and foster professional relationships with the sales team, vendor contacts, and customers.
- Maintain knowledge of vendor products, costs, and availability.
- Create and deliver educational materials for sales teams.
- Maintain technical knowledge and stay abreast of technical advancements in primary functional area(s) of responsibility.
- Assist marketing team with competitor intelligence gathering and analysis.
- Regularly meet with Sales and Marketing team to update on vendor products, Guide Star offerings, and updated processes.
- Attend trade shows as needed.
- Other duties assigned by management.
Skills we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer and Network Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or 3+ years of relevant job experience.
- Substantial knowledge and experience with VoIP, Managed Wi-Fi, and network monitoring solution development.
- Strong pre-sales experience with technology services vendor working in the hospitality and/or SMB markets.
- In-depth technical and product knowledge of, including the ability to design, one (or more) of the following:
- Managed Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- VoIP, including PBX, SIP trunks, and services.
- Remote IT services and cybersecurity technology for small and midsized business (SMB).
- Ability to create technical documents, presentations, and diagrams using Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to standardize processes to make data collection more efficient.
- Ability to lead a customer demonstration, training, or design session.
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal, and research skills.
- Superior work ethic & highly motivated.
- Solid business acumen.
- Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Approximately 20% travel.
Shift is Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but must be able to work outside normal business hours when required.
CCI Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
CCI Systems, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at CCI Systems, Inc.
Get fresh Manager Network Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.