Permitting Project Manager
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee-Owned Telecommunications Company based in Iron Mountain, MI with 60+ years of industry knowledge and experience. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, flexibility, paid on the job training, professional development, and inspire you to be bold, yet accountable. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking a Permitting Project Manager to oversee all activity with regards to his or her projects including, but not limited to, supervision of employees, project staffing, customer needs, workflow, service level agreements (SLA) adherence, financial performance, timely invoice approval, quality control, and all other aspects of work related to his or her projects. This role is customer facing requiring clear communications skills, both verbal and written, as well as polished and professional personal interactions.
- Monitor staffing needs in the project group along with maintaining staffing projections.
- Ensure that Project Guidelines are in place for all their projects.
- Create and adhere to revenue, gross profit, accounts receivable, and staffing forecasts.
- Act as the liaison between customers and the internal operations of the project group. This is to ensure that the customer’s expectations are met and maintain goodwill for future business.
- Execute project implementation/startup and continuous production management.
- Monitor projects to improve the quality of the work and to reduce the time and cost of project throughput.
- Meet regularly with key personnel to ensure that information flows in both directions and to ensure that stated goals and objectives are met.
- Assist personnel with interpreting customer drawings, project documentation, and technical specifications.
- Manage, coach, create goals, assign work, manage workflow, and approve timesheets.
- Assign work to subcontractors, manage their workflow, and to approve their invoices.
- Make permitting and drafting quality decisions related to the projects in their permitting program group.
- Meet regularly with customers to ensure expectations are being met.
- Attend and/or conduct on-site meetings with customers.
- Complete invoicing in a timely basis along with follow up on unpaid invoices. Make sure purchase orders are in place prior to work startup.
- Adhere to timely project turn around based on customer needs and making sure customer is properly informed on said projects.
- Create and promote the company image through exercising sound and ethical business practices as related to employees, the public, and customers. This includes ensuring that the service and quality provided to customers is superior to that of our competition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Qualifications we are looking for
- Associate or bachelor's degree in engineering or business Management or Government Affairs.
- 5+ years’ experience in permitting design, government affairs or related work in a Utility / Permitting environment in a related industry preferred.
- 5+ years of Project Management experience in utility permitting or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of pole loading analysis software (e.g., O-Calc Pro, Katapult, PoleForeman, Spidacalc, PLS-Pole).
- Knowledge of CAD software (e.g., AutoCAD, Microstation, Civil3D).
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Power Point, Teams & Outlook.
- Experience working with Gannt charts.
- Strong understanding of Project Management Methodologies.
- Analytical and observational skills, which demonstrate ability to plan projects, review/recommend technical specifications, coordinate staffing needs, communicate, and manage all aspects of a project.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Effectively work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating with the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to interact with colleagues, vendors, and customers/clients of all demographics and professional levels. Also, be able to gain credibility with them to effectively complete tasks.
- Must be willing to learn new product lines and technologies to serve departmental needs and goals.
- Able to handle employee issues and confrontation effectively and in a timely manner.
- History of successful customer communications and relationship management.
- This is a customer-facing position which will require up to 25% travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have good, reliable home internet.
Shift is Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm CST but must have flexibility to work outside normal business hours.
CCI Systems, Inc.Jackson, MS
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.