Network Engineer III-REMOTE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee Owned Telecommunications Company based in Iron Mountain, MI with 60+ years of industry knowledge and experience. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, flexibility, paid on the job training, overtime, professional development, and inspire you to be bold, yet accountable. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking a Network Engineer III to design, implement, and oversee computer networks that support voice, data, video, and wireless networks to enhance telecommunication systems. The candidate should have a solid background within our industry and execute business initiatives as required. CCI focuses on High End Routing, Optical, Broadband Access, Information Technology, Security and Network Consulting. We offer a full spectrum of network planning, assessment and implementation services, and a Cisco Gold Partner with over 60 certifications.
- Integrate network components for one of the various systems: optical transport networks, SP core & access, CMTS, Mobility, and SP video & head-ends and any other solutions or technologies that CCI chooses to add to the sales/services portfolio.
- Develop, Analyze, and Apply configuration templates to network components for any of the above technology and solutions.
- Define/Develop technology testing records, software inventory and upgrades, hardware inventory, and network design diagrams for wiring, racking, and components.
- Define/Develop technical knowledge and stay current on technical advancements in the above various functional areas.
- Define, Collect and interpret information from customers and customer facilities for project requirements.
- Define and determine specialized tools and equipment to analyze customer networks and deduce root cause of customer network symptoms to define a corrective course of action to improve network performance, correct customer network failures, and improve overall network performance.
- Support pre-sales work as needed to support the sales process either as assigned to support account team pre-sales initiatives based on extensive knowledge in key technologies or during post sales efforts to identify potential new business opportunities in remediation, security improvements, network optimization or areas of expansion.
- Handle escalations on site any/all field issues or quality assurance needs as necessary. Responsible for Customer Network Integrity within scope of current project SOW.
- Advise/Consult customer on networking recommendations requirements for projects such as a Network Assessment.
- Evaluate implementation procedures and develop documentation for projects.
- Create training documents and plans for lower-level field engineers.
- Lead and conduct site surveys for primary technology projects, making designs, and proposing Bill of Materials and scopes of work.
- Interface with customer staff.
Skills we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Network & System Administration, or related work experience preferred.
- Consulting background and experience working with multiple customers preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Network Engineer role.
- Associate level certification required, professional level certification preferred.
- Experienced in network technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and work within timelines.
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Microsoft applications.
- Familiarity with installation of computer programs and operating systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively.
Shift is Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but must be able to work outside normal business hours when required.
Additional information approximately 25-40% travel is required.
CCI Systems, Inc.
AddressNew Orleans, LA
TechnologyView all jobs at CCI Systems, Inc.