Lead IT Support Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee Owned Telecommunications Company based in Iron Mountain, MI with 60+ years of industry knowledge and experience. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, flexibility, paid on the job training, overtime, professional development, and inspire you to be bold, yet accountable. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking a single IT Support Technician willing to learn and understand current technical support and business system processes, procedures, integrations, security layers and governance policies. Become familiar with processes for analyzing new and existing business systems. Support non-production and production business system processes, workstation configuration, inventory tracking, and cell phone administration. Willing to be a leader in a team as first line of defense for all troubleshooting issues as an escalation point within a help desk .
- Provide extraordinary customer service, Help Desk support, and resolve issues.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT Help Desk.
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process per established best practices.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation.
- Utilize and maintain the Help Desk tracking software.
- Document internal procedures.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment.
- Install, test, and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images, and software.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Responsible for Technical Support in the following areas, including but not limited to:
- Workstation Administration and Configuration.
- Cell Phone Administration.
- Printer Support.
- User Access Issues.
- Workstation Software Installation, Administration, Configuration and Support.
- New and Existing Centralized Business Software Analysis, Security, Administration, Configuration and Support.
- Collaborate closely with team members as an expert resource on technical support issues.
- Responsible for regularly adding new and updated technical support knowledgebase content.
- Responsible for delivering on assigned strategic project work.
- Strong open communication with other team members and management on best practices, issues, new requirements, hardware, and architectures.
- Build on your personal knowledge base through continued education and training.
- Ensure that tickets and support is triaged accordingly with escalated to proper support groups when Help Desk technicians are unable to resolve.
- Ensure assigned routine maintenance is done on time and according to approved policies and best practices.
- Be a liaison with other team members, management, and business users to provide guidance and technical insight.
- Ensure confidentiality of company information.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the IT Manager.
Who we are looking for?
- Associates Degree in Computer Systems and Network Administration, Business MIS/CIS/Management, or Computer Science is required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Several years of experience in customer support/Help Desk role.
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining standard office applications, mapping, and troubleshooting of printers, and other basic office automation issues.
- Experience with ticketing system and technical support for hardware, software, phone and mobile devices, security policies, and communication techniques.
- Experience operating system imaging and software deployments.
- Must have familiarity with Microsoft Windows environment and macOS devices.
- Aware of current trends in software, system architectures, and support methodologies.
- Familiarity with process development and compliance.
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills and able to communicate effectively with management, teammates, and end users.
- Self-motivated, Analytical, and able to excel in a collaborative structured environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, with a high satisfaction rate.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
Shift is full-time, Monday – Friday, between the hours of 7:00 am and 5:00 pm CST. On-call nights and weekends rotation for 24-hour support is mandatory.
Position is remote with preference to those in USA Midwest.
CCI Systems, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at CCI Systems, Inc.