CCI Systems, Inc. Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee Owned Telecommunications Company based in Iron Mountain, MI with 60+ years of industry knowledge and experience. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, flexibility, paid on the job training, overtime, professional development, and inspire you to be bold, yet accountable. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking Fiber Splicers who play a vital role in ensuring timely delivery and quality of telecommunications services to our customers. You will read and interpret schematics and diagrams to splice, terminate, and test fiber-optic, coaxial, and copper for new construction and service installations. The role also maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs damaged cable and related issues in the outside plant network.
- Splice and repair fiber optic cables using single and mass fusion equipment.
- Terminate fiber with pig tails or Unicam components.
- Test fiber using Optical Time Domain (OTDR) or power meter and light source, testing with a light identifier.
- Install required splice capsules and hardware.
- Maintain existing plant without causing signal failure interruptions.
- Maintain test documentation.
- Maintain project tracking information (production sheets, time sheets, and customer required paperwork).
- Maintain Testing, Splice equipment, trailers, and vehicles.
- Proficient at completing certification testing of fiber optic systems.
- Keep a safe working environment.
- Proficient in the use of all test and splicing equipment.
Skills we are looking for
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Highly independent, self-starter, responsible and attentive to detail.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to work aloft up to 50’ in a bucket truck, ladder, and/or climb utility poles.
- Understand construction prints and splice schematics.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and complete DOT physical.
- Safety training and classroom safety instruction.
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance.
- 401(K) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Life insurance, short-term disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) options.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Wellness Plan with reimbursement.
- This job will include approximately 75% travel.
- Overtime outside of normal workday hours may be required.
- Able and willing to be on call 24 hours, travel, and work nights/weekends.
- Able and willing to work outdoors and in inclement weather conditions.
CCI Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.