Design Engineer II
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee-Owned solution provider specializing in telecommunications, comprehensive network assessments, industry-leading engineering, drafting and design services, and 24/7 support services. Come join our team of engineers and experts that guide our customers toward the right choices to future-proof their network for years to come. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking Experienced Designers to assist our teams with a multitude of Outside Plant fiber and coax design projects. The right candidate will be an outstanding problem solver, critical thinker, team player, and have a strong understanding of fiber and coax design. We offer a collaborative remote work environment that encourages learning and pushes you to rise to the next level!
- Design site plans for OSP (Outside Plant) fiber and coaxial cable routes.
- Detailed understanding of survey field notes and sketches to create new or update existing designs using various software platforms.
- Organize and maintain revisions of project drawings.
- Generation of bills of materials, splice sheets, and other supporting documentation for design.
- Perform cost analysis to determine the most cost effective and efficient manner of the placement of communications facilities.
- Adhere to appropriate quality standards set out in the design requirements.
- Understanding of easements and rights-of-way and ability to read and understand maps, as-built, construction drawings and utility records.
- Complete assigned work while maintaining an elevated level of quality, accuracy, and efficiency.
Qualifications we are looking for
- Ambitious, driven, and self-motivated candidates who have a 2- or 4-year degree in Engineering Technologies, GIS (Graphic Information System), or CAD Drafting, or similar, and/or equivalent work experience with design software. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have 2+ years of experience designing cable TV, RF and Fiber.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and specifications.
- AutoCAD (or similar computer aided design software), ArcGIS (or similar ESRI software), Bentley v8i (or similar MicroStation software), SpatialNet, Magellan, LODE Data, GE Smallworld, and/or ArcFM experience strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be a great communicator, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in project scope and shifts in priority.
- Superior time management and attention to detail.
- This position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
Shift is full-time either Monday-Friday 6:00 am-2:30 pm CST OR Monday-Thursday 3:00 pm-1:30 am CST. Night shift wage differential offered! Must be flexible, and willing and able to work outside normal business hours, as necessary.
- Pre-employment screenings, including reliable Internet connection test, background check, and drug test required.
- We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.
CCI Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
CCI Systems, Inc.Minneapolis, MN
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.