Cable TV Drafting & Design Training Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee-Owned Telecommunications Company based in Iron Mountain, MI with 60+ years of industry knowledge and experience. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, flexibility, paid on the job training, overtime, professional development, and inspire you to be bold, yet accountable. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
CCI Design Engineering Services is seeking a Training Specialist to enhance the on-boarding and key competencies of Design & Engineering employees by conducting training programs. The ideal candidate may be experienced in, or have a desire to be leading in a classroom setting and curriculum creation, will possess patience and understanding while working with many different personality types, and be knowledgeable of the nuances of the Design Engineer position at CCI Systems, Inc. We offer a collaborative environment with a great work culture that encourages learning and pushes you to rise to the next level!
- Lead classroom style, group, and one-on-one training sessions to help employees cultivate their skills and knowledge in a remote environment.
- Craft curriculum and assemble training materials to be of service and support technical and departmental training needs.
- Support and mentor employees in training.
- Maintain scheduling, tracking and keep appropriate records.
- Employ a positive attitude, “can-do” mindset and keep “fun” in every training session.
- Evaluate and benchmark training of new and existing employees including regular structured assessments of individual trainees.
- Be knowledgeable and understand most Design Engineering Services drafting and design software platforms, design theory, AutoCAD drafting enhancement packages, automated QC routines, to be able to train employees and answer questions.
- When training on a specific project, work with Project Manager to gain a thorough understanding of the project specs, rules, tracking tools, timesheet requirements, QC process, etc.
- Continuous learning of changing industry trends and advancements, liaise with managers to determine ongoing training needs.
- Willingness and ability to keep abreast of new training techniques in corporate teaching.
- Be a point of contact to employees that have follow up questions or needs in relation to training, maintain accountability in a helpful and positive way.
- Enlist and coordinate training with other trainers for specialized skills or responsibilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Training Manager.
Qualifications we are looking for
- Candidates who are motivated, personable, and poised with 1-3+ years’ experience in Technical CAD and/or GIS Training or related field. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2- or 4-year degree in Education, Engineering, Communications, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of six months of experience in Cable TV Design and Drafting strongly preferred.
- A minimum six months of experience with AutoCAD, ArcGIS, SpatialNET, LODE Data, Bentley v8i, Magellan, Schneider Electric, CrescentLink, ArcFM, and/or other ESRI related products strongly preferred.
- External candidates must be willing and able to complete all our Design Engineering Services technical training courses, learn our software programs successfully, and be able to draft and design in a production environment for a probationary period of 90 days prior to moving into the Training Specialist role.
- Flexibility to potentially train on both our days and nights shift as necessary preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; Teams, Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.
- Must have a positive attitude, be of a service mindset, and be able to work well with tolerance in a diverse and inclusive work setting.
- Must be innovative, possess use of critical thought, and have great decision-making skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Periodic travel to CCI Systems Engineering Offices to perform training duties as necessary.
- Ability to work well in team settings and desire to accept increasing responsibility.
Shift is full-time, 40 hours per week minimum, Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm CST.
- Training schedule on nights as necessary will be Monday – Thursday, 3:00 pm – 1:30 am CST.
- Must be flexible, and willing and able to work outside normal business hours as necessary.
- Pre-employment screenings, including reliable Internet connection test, background check, and drug test required.
- POST-COVID-19, regular and reliable physical in-office attendance may be required.
- This position may be remote/work-from-home, and can be performed anywhere in the U.S., except California, Colorado, Washington State, and New York City Metro Areas.
- We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.
CCI Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
CCI Systems, Inc.
AddressNewport News, VA
EducationView all jobs at CCI Systems, Inc.