Cable TV Design Engineering Program Manager
CCI Systems, Inc. Norfolk, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee Owned Telecommunications Company based in Iron Mountain, MI with 60+ years of industry knowledge and experience. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, flexibility, paid on the job training, overtime, professional development, and inspire you to be bold, yet accountable. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking a Program Manager to identify and implement best practices across markets in the program, with both the customer and internal staff. They will ensure the maintenance of project schedules and SLAs to handle workload and identify and implement scalability options. The Program Manager will provide and maintain outstanding customer service by being the single point of escalation for the customer and by proving consistency in communication, reporting, and deliverables. They will also provide financial oversight to ensure general financial health of a project by monitoring accruals, job sheets, pricing, production, forecasting, budget, contract renewal, scope creep and change orders. The best candidate will come with a career background in the Cable TV industry, along with having overseen successful projects and teams in a collaborative, results and customer-focused environment.
- Ensure that all of their projects are staffed appropriately (both in-house and subcontract labor).
- Ensure adherence of project operations to departmental standards.
- Ensure consistency of staff management in accordance with department and CCI standards.
- Ensure that subcontract work is meeting quality, productivity, and profitability expectations; negotiate addendums, and initiate change orders.
- Ensure consistent delivery of high-quality deliverables.
- Act as a point of contact for escalations for stale work, SLA compliance, or any issues that impact overall project performance.
- This is a customer-facing position, where fostering relationships will be crucial; to include, but not limited to:
- Making sure project schedules and reports are current and distributed as required.
- Meet on a regular basis to review PO needs with customers.
- Verify customer reports to ensure that we are in sync and there are no discrepancies between their tracking and CCI tracking.
- Establish process and procedures for direct designer (to customer) communication to improve overall project efficiency.
- Communicate and meet with customers regularly to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Identify and meet current and future program needs.
- Ensure the necessary IT infrastructure is in place to meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for overall execution of project startup and continuous production management.
- Creates and promotes the company image through exercising sound and ethical business practices as related to employees, the public and customers. This includes ensuring that service and quality provided to customers is superior to that of our competition.
- Meets regularly with key personnel to ensure that information flows in both directions and to ensure that stated goals and objectives are met.
- Responsible for implementing corrective actions, as appropriate, on any project in order to meet cost targets, and completion schedules.
- Ensures subordinates’ abilities are adequate for their responsibilities and develops training and cross training for ongoing skill development.
- Conducts performance reviews for all direct reports and ensures that their direct reports are completing their reviews on time. Does follow up on reviews with substandard grading. Create an environment in which the rating of an average employee is continually challenged. Create goals for employee during review and have mid-year follow up on said goals.
- Responsible for taking disciplinary action for all direct reports including insubordination, poor quality/workmanship, insufficient production, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring all invoicing is completed on a timely basis along with follow up on unpaid invoices.
- Make sure purchase orders are in place prior to work startup.
- Adhere to timely project turn around based on customer needs and making sure customer is properly informed on said projects.
- Leadership with skills to positively influence others, collaborate well with various employees, communicate on the level of others, listen, and understand people in circumstances common in the workplace.
- The ability to embrace corporate values, understand the company mission, and exemplify the CCI Systems leadership behaviors and culture.
Qualifications we are looking for?
- Results-driven, business-minded, and outgoing candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Geographical Information Systems, Business Management, or related discipline, and/or equivalent industry experience. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 10+ years of experience in engineering management or equivalent experience in a production / engineering environment, preferably in the cable industry.
- Analytical and observational skills, which demonstrate ability to, plan projects, review/recommend technical specifications, coordinate staffing needs, communicate, and manage all aspects of a project.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Effectively work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating with the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to interact with colleagues, vendors, and customers/clients of all demographics and professional levels. Also, be able to gain credibility with them to effectively complete tasks.
- Must be willing to learn new product lines and technologies to serve the departmental needs and goals.
- Able to handle employee issues and confrontation effectively and in a timely manner.
- History of successful customer communications and relationship management.
- Ability to understand project profitability and the changes necessary to improve financial performance.
Shift is full-time, 40 hours per week minimum, Monday – Friday, within the hours of 7:00 am – 5:00 pm CST. Must be flexible, and willing and able to work outside normal business hours as necessary.
- Pre-employment screenings, including reliable Internet connection test, background check, and drug test required.
- POST-COVID-19, regular and reliable physical in-office attendance may be required.
- This position may be remote/work-from-home, and can be performed anywhere in the U.S., except California, Colorado, Washington State, and New York City Metro Areas.
- We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.
CCI Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
CCI Systems, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at CCI Systems, Inc.