CCI Systems, Inc. Grand Rapids, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee Owned Telecommunications Company based in Iron Mountain, MI with 60+ years of industry knowledge and experience. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, flexibility, paid on the job training, professional development, and inspire you to be bold, yet accountable. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to oversee daily accounting operations within our Finance group. Primary responsibilities include leading the accounting team, preparing and presenting GAAP compliant consolidated financial reports, corporate budgeting and forecasting, and financial software application administration. Successful candidates for this position will need to be flexible, dependable, goal oriented and intensely driven to learn and grow with the organization. As a leader, candidates must be good communicators and critical thinkers with proven experience solving complex problems.
- Manage and oversee daily accounting operations, monthly intercompany eliminations, and Corporate and Shared Services bonus plans.
- Assist the Director of Financial Services with Corporate and Shared Services budget preparation including various allocation reconciliations.
- Establish, communicate, and enforce monthly financial closing deadlines and processes.
- Evaluate capital expenditures and asset depreciation.
- Act as a liaison by coordinating efforts and maintaining good communication between the Accounting and Financial Analyst teams.
- Take initiative and be a point person for processes, systems, workflows, and analysis.
- Maintain relevant divisional general ledger accounts and ADP cost numbers across all financial systems. Update General Ledger mappings and troubleshoot financial reporting issues.
- Accurately prepare corporate and consolidated financials, forecasts, and budget reports in accordance with established closing deadlines and ensure all related financial systems remain in sync.
- Ensure compliance with all company and group standards, federal regulations, and GAAP.
- Analyze and interpret financial data through KPI’s, trend analysis and by comparing actuals to budgets and forecasts.
- Administer financial planning software and the creation of ad-hoc analysis reports.
- Meet regularly with departmental and/or divisional managers to discuss financial performance.
- Identify issues, risks or areas for improvement and initiate influential discussions around recommended solutions.
- Act as a lead on any new financial software implementations. Participate in requirements gathering, software setup, testing, training, and ongoing administration.
- Assist with special projects including internal or external audits within assigned department or as part of a cross-functional team as required or assigned.
- Be forward thinking constantly looking for new methodologies, process changes, and technological improvements to ensure operational efficiency.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Other duties as assigned by your direct or indirect supervisor.
Skills we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance related field, CPA or CMA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years corporate or public accounting experience including financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Minimum of 3 years staff management experience.
- Strong ERP and Microsoft Office skills including advanced Excel abilities.
- Skilled at solving complex problems and implementing solutions.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assumes additional responsibility without prompting.
- Skilled at motivating staff to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Ability to work and cooperate with a variety of people and personalities, fosters mutual trust within the team and organization and shows respect towards authority.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Positive attitude and enthusiastic about expanding or enhancing current skillsets.
- The ability to embrace corporate values and understands the company mission.
Shift is Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but must be able to work outside normal business hours when required.
CCI Systems, Inc.
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at CCI Systems, Inc.