CCI Health & Wellness Services is a group practice that empowers patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life. We provide services to the medically under-served at 14 sites in Montgomery and northern Prince George's counties in Maryland. Our services include primary care, behavioral health, dental, adolescent health, HIV and infectious disease testing and treatment, prenatal, and family planning. CCI Health & Wellness Services is also the largest provider of WIC services in the state of Maryland.
We are looking for a Billing Clerk to assist the Billing Supervisor to ensure that high quality; cost effective, culturally sensitive services remain in compliance with all Federal, State and Local agency policies and procedures.
* Post and submit daily EOB's from ALL Insurance carriers and other miscellaneous remittance.
* Research forms documenting patient visit information and make corrections to amount due from patient and insurance.
* Record amounts received and prepare transaction reports in practice management system.
* Provide support to the clinics and attend outside meetings if necessary.
* Audit claims, accounts, and vouchers, and prepare adjustment reports to resolve payment issues.
* Review, investigate, and correct errors and document inconsistencies in practice management system entries, documents, and reports.
* Notify Manager of balances that need to be written off.
* Audit weekly reports for the corporate office and maintain accurate and complete files.
* Coordinate communication with payers to ensure accurate billing practices.
* H.S. Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum 2 years of medical billing experience. Medicaid preferred.
* Ability to understand procedures and diagnoses using CPT and ICD-9 coding
* Knowledge of billing, reimbursement, and third-party regulations
* Knowledge of healthcare governing agency policies and procedures
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Computer skills in Microsoft Office, excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
* Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Billing certification preferred.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro