Goal: We like to approach projects proactively to catch potential flaws or conflicts and help create economic resolutions to these issues. To accomplish this, we need project managers who can visualize drawings, think outside the box, and strategically manage manpower to meet critical path milestones while maintaining a smooth process for our electricians in the field.
- Coordinates with field to determine layouts, methods of installation, code requirements, etc.
- Coordinates with estimator to prep field, schedule labor, order materials/release packages
- Communicates with GC or owner to ensure satisfaction
- Monitors job progress and ensures productive workforce
- Keeps track of employee wages and confronts employee with any issues.
- Identifies potential problems and takes steps to avoid them
- Keeps track of vendor pricing and confronts vendors with issues
- Obtains signed change order as soon as additional work is identified and before work is performed.
- Confirms all change orders are approved and submitted to accounting
- Obtains O & M manual, warranty info, as-built and other closeout documents and submits properly to prevent any delay in payments.
- Ability to read prints
- Thorough knowledge of the trade and code requirements
- Proactive approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to organize, coordinate and plan
- Experience with electrical contracting