Quality Inspector / In process inspector
We are seeking a Quality Inspector / In process Inspector with a thorough background in Aerospace fastener manufacturing, specifically cold heading and thread roll.
- Inspect manufactured and/or processed products to verify conformance to customer drawings and specifications.
- High degree of experience in Fastener inspection specializing in heading and/or thread-roll inspection
- Must be proficient using hand measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, drop gages, optical comparator, etc.)
- Must be proficient in applying the principles of GD&T for blueprint/model interpretation and acceptance activities.
- Responsible for conducting First Piece, In-Process, Final inspections and accurate report generating.
- Familiarity with Quality Management System principles ISO9001, AS 9100, etc.
- Generate and maintain Nonconformance reports and records.
- Accurately document the results of inspections.
- Participate in internal and external audit activities as needed.
- Provide feedback on the quality aspects of parts and assemblies to QA and Production.
- Ability to interact with machinists for communicating inspection results
- Possess a good mechanical aptitude and/or prior machinist experience a plus
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, set aggressive goals and achieve them.
- Must be open to work overtime, as necessary.
- Participation in Corrective Action processes, including containment plans, root cause analysis, corrective countermeasures, and providing objective evidence for verification/closure.
- Familiarity with AS9100 and AS9102 forms and packets.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office a plus.
Requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Inspection: 2 years (Required)
- ISO 9001: 1 years (Preferred)
- Machinist: 1 year (Preferred)