# Director or VP, Streaming & Cable Current Programming
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Television Studios
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: Studio City, CA
CBS Television Studios is one of the industry's leading suppliers of programming for broadcast, basic and premium cable, and streaming platforms. The Studio's programming includes the phenomenally successful NCIS franchise; the critically acclaimed STAR TREK: DISCOVERY; MADAM SECRETARY; JANE THE VIRGIN; CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND; the hit dramas SEAL TEAM, FBI, BLUE BLOODS, HAWAII FIVE-0, MACGYVER, MAGNUM P.I., THE CODE, BULL, INSTINCT AND ELEMENTARY; the popular comedy series THE NEIGHBORHOOD, MAN WITH A PLAN as well as the upcoming series FAM; CHARMED, DYNASTY and IN THE DARK for The CW; and the action-adventure drama BLOOD & TREASURE, which will make its debut in summer 2019.
The Studio also produces the Daytime Emmy Award-winning talk show THE TALK, as well as the Emmy Award-nominated late night series THE LATE SHOW with STEPHEN COLBERT and THE LATE LATE SHOW with JAMES CORDEN. For CBS All Access, the Studio produces THE GOOD FIGHT; STRANGE ANGEL; the streaming service's first comedy series, NO ACTIVITY; WHY WOMEN KILL; INTERROGATION as well as the upcoming highly anticipated revival of THE TWILIGHT ZONE. Additionally, as part of the expansion of the Star Trek universe, the Studio produces the Untitled Star Trek series featuring Sir Patrick Stewart reprising the role of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Short Treks as well as the recently announced Star Trek: Lower Decks, which marks CBS All Access's foray into the animation landscape. The Studio's programming also includes series based on popular, viral segments from THE LATE LATE SHOW with JAMES CORDEN, "Carpool Karaoke" for Apple Music and "Drop the Mic" for TBS, as well as "Insatiable," "Unbelievable" and "Dead to Me" for Netflix. Additionally, the Studio produces the comedy anthology series "The Guest Book" for TBS; OUR CARTOON PRESIDENT and YOUR HONOR for SHOWTIME as well as "A Higher Loyalty," a miniseries based on former FBI Director James Comey's memoir.
CBS TV Studios is seeking a Director or VP of Current Programming to oversee streaming, premium and cable drama and comedy series in the Streaming & Cable Current department. This department exclusively manages non-network programming, including series on Netflix, Apple, Disney+, Paramount Network, All Access and more.
- The ideal candidate has experience at a Studio, whether in current or development, and the ability to identify strong material and talent.
- Candidate should be able to give thoughtful creative guidance and feedback to top level writers and directors on outlines, scripts, and cuts.
- Candidate should also be able to guide producers through straight-to-series production, assisting them in navigating the intricacies of studio process.
- Candidate should be proactive, collaborative, diligent, detail-oriented and able to work well in a team environment.
- Key responsibilities will include working with writers in staffing new and returning series, working with writers to develop and execute story and scripts, serving as a primary liaison between all departments, acting as the point person for the networks and essentially making sure nothing falls thru the cracks in the chaotic process of television production.
- Candidate must have knowledge of the non-network television landscape and creative process.
- Strong interpersonal skills and project management skills are a must.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled