Data Center Construction - "On-Site Associate Project Manager / Sr. Project Coordinator"
Confidential technology client that is searching for a smart, motivated construction professional to provide the following:
- Support multiple project/program managers, while also managing some smaller projects
- Provide construction document administrative support; i.e. - construction change order processing,construction invoice / payment processing.
- Provide contracts management support, on behalf of Program Managers, update project budget & schedule budget management support,
- Work with Owners' program managers to develop and maintain the RFP/SOW/Change Order templates for various projects at multiple locations, and support the development of client's data center off & on site infrastructure construction agreements as needed.
- Follow up on Proposals, reviews and negotiations and ensure enable contract execution for timely execution of the contracts and issuing of the POs ("Purchase Orders").
- Develop Owner furnished equipment delivery plan working with Program and Project Managers, suppliers and the client's commodity management team. Track the proposals review, negotiations and contract execution.
- Manage/ coordinate and track the supplier delivery plan to ensure suppliers meet the demand per the plan.
- Provide reporting of progress and drawdowns against SOWs open for long periods of time. Coordinate closure of POs at project close-out and keep track of work orders and status vs, approved SOWs.
- Periodically review financial reports to ensure compliance with project budget targets, reconciliation of project charges against approved contracts and support gathering data related to unit costs within sites
- Responsible for all site reporting requirements to include weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly reports for construction progress and safety. Attend meetings and coordinate with project management personnel as needed.
- Support provisioning for contractor personnel.
- Work within Owner project management tracking tools for submission of budgets, COs, and OCOs.
- Coordinate with visitors and contract staff and ensure compliance with Owner tracking tools for site and room access
- Manage construction-related projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team (typically smaller team). Responsible for tracking performance and motivating team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University and/or 5+ equivalent related construction and or mechanical, electrical engineering experience.
- Prior Project Management experience is preferred
- DataCenter MEP infrastructure project experience is a big plus
- High level understanding of a project life cycle preferred
- Experience in mission critical data centers is a strong plus
- Office automation tools (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs/Google Sheets / Google Slides and Google Drive) required
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Working knowledge in MS Project is helpful. Knowledge of leases, contracts, and construction practices preferred.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.