Building Technician I
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CBRE|Raleigh & CBRE|Triad are the leading commercial real estate services providers in the Central North Carolina region. Our joint venture ensures we provide full-service real estate support with both global reach and an industry-leading platform while maintaining the ability to deliver a wealth of local market expertise to meet any of our client’s needs. Our services range from investment sales, real estate portfolio management, land representation services, to leasing commercial office, industrial and retail space.
As a market leader, we are seeking enthusiastic self-starters to join our award-winning culture. Our offices strive to be leaders in employee-centric best practices.
At CBRE|Raleigh & CBRE|Triad, you are empowered to do your best work. Enjoy a collaborative work environment with supportive and engaged teammates. Join our dynamic team and have exposure to a variety of resources such as dynamic learning opportunities, networking events, work autonomy, supportive management, team building exercises, as well as numerous initiatives dedicated to employee engagement, recognition, and wellness.
Performs entry-level general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment, and grounds. Works under close supervision, assist in monitoring building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating, and cooling.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency, and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Assists with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, and HVAC.
- Inspects new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Maintains grounds of facility or property and building lighting system, performing such tasks as raking, sweeping, leaf blowing, or light repair/replacement.
- Performs carpentry and locksmith tasks as needed.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Participates in the “on call” rotation at assigned buildings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WINNING BEHAVIORS, COMPETENCIES, AND SKILLS
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or management.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Outlook and other computer systems.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, AND INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE
- High school degree or general education degree required.
- Minimum 2-4 years of related experience and/or training.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- This employee must be able to provide personal transportation for travel to and from off-site facilities.
- This employee will occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- This employee must have the ability to stoop, stand, walk, climb stairs / ladders, and have the ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Company RISE Values
Respect - Treat everyone with dignity, value their contribution, help one another succeed.
Integrity - Uphold the highest standard in our business practices.
Service - Dedicate ourselves to making a meaningful impact with our clients and in our communities.
Excellence - Aspire to be best in everything we do and strive for continuous improvement.
CBRE | Triad
Get fresh Estate Services jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.