CBP Carteret, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical
Statement of Duties:
- Perform skilled work involving the operation of a high-speed ferry boat from Carteret, New Jersey to Manhattan.
- Responsible for the safety of the passengers and protection of the vessel.
- Requires skill and knowledge of seamanship for proper operation of the ferry and to guard against damage, injury, or loss of life through accidents.
- Responsible for general upkeep of the boat’s engines and equipment. Assist in engine repairs and routine maintenance that may involve plumbing and marine electrical wiring.
- Check vessel, floats, gangways, and dock areas for safety and cleanliness, load supplies and water.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair work on landing floats, docks, structures, and other marina and recreational facilities when the vessel is not in operation.
- Participate in preparing the vessel for daily use.
- Provide training and evaluation of the marine crew.
- Valid U.S.C.G. license for Master of motor vessels of 100 gross tons
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of all pertinent regulations of the U.S.C.G. regarding type T passenger vessels
- Familiarity with all pertinent regulations of the U.S.C.G. Subchapter H Maritime Security
- Customer service skills and an ability to effectively interact with the public
- Verbal and written communication skills
Commensurate with experience and includes benefits.
61 Cooke AvenueCarteret, NJ
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at CBP