Nature and Scope of Work:
This position is responsible for both inside and outside sales of electricity and natural gas contracts to CBIA
member companies of all sizes, and the subsequent servicing of these accounts.
Reports To: Director of Product & Services
1. Conduct sales of electricity and natural gas supply contracts to CBIA members.
2. Provide ongoing service to existing customers.
3. Create and execute plans to increase the size of the book of business.
4. Follow up on items related to product inquiries, contracts, pricing, and deal execution.
5. Gather, analyze, review and summarize account data to create and execute renewal plans.
6. Prepare and analyze management reports for trends to determine strategies for selling.
Skills and Qualities:
Communications Skills - Ability to listen, write and speak effectively, and make compelling sales
Analytical/Research Skills - Ability to analyze a utility bill, seek multiple pricing options, gather more
information if necessary, and assemble pricing models designed to present options to the customer.
Computer/Technical Literacy - Ability to use hosted sales management tool, as well as the Microsoft
Office suite of products, including Excel, CRM, Word, and Powerpoint, to perform job functions.
Flexibility/Adaptability/Managing Multiple Priorities - Ability to manage multiple assignments and
Tasks as well as set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
1. Prior energy experience (supplier, utility, broker)
2. 5-10 years of sales experience.
3. College preferred.
4. Ability to work effectively with businesspeople and supplier representatives.
5. Ability to communicate in plain language.
6. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
7. Computer skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on Excel, Word, and Outlook. Salesforce.com experience a plus.
Salary Grade: TBD