ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for an Account Executive, to represent our highly recognized CBIA Health Connections program who can drive new sales and retention results. The Health Connections program is sold to small to mid-sized Connecticut businesses through a broad agent distribution network. The Account Executive will be responsible for generating new sales and retention of insurance coverages through this important distribution channel. The product portfolio covers a highly competitive spectrum of group and voluntary employee benefits insurance products and related services.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Connecticut Business & Industry Association (CBIA) is the largest, most representative business organization in the state. Our members include businesses of all sizes from nearly all industries in Connecticut. We are the leading voice at the State Capitol and before regulatory agencies for policies that promote economic growth, a fiscally responsible state government, and a dynamic business climate. In addition, we provide a range of quality business services to member companies.
As an employer, our goal is to partner with individuals who want a career- not just a job. We offer competitive compensation; good benefits and a fun, energetic, fast-paced work environment.
Successful candidates will have the ability to:
- · Effectively execute sales team strategies including collaboration with Health Connections partners.
- · Work in concert with Account Management to facilitate the processing of new business and the retention of in-force groups in the program.
- · Develop and maintain expertise on CBIA Health Connections and related products, services, tools, and techniques.
- · Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of the market competition.
- · Acquire and provide regular market feedback. Participate effectively and as needed in on-going program strategy, planning, development, and execution.
- · Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of Connecticut Business & Industry Association member benefits, policies, programs, and services in order to act as a representative of the organization in the marketplace.
· College preferred with a minimum of 1-3 years employee benefits sales, underwriting or related experience.
· Current Connecticut Life & Health license preferred.