Sales Associate 30 - 38 hours per week Travel Plaza
CBH CO-OP Gillette, WY
- Expired: July 17, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sales Associate 30-38 hours per week Travel Plaza
Sales Associate position is responsible for maintaining customer services, cash register operations (POS), generating sales, merchandising, signage, pricing, loss prevention, store housekeeping in adherence to all company policy and store standards.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This position requires the ability to perform a combination of the following duties during 95% of work day/shift. Although exact duties may vary from day to day, our business and staffing model make it essential to be able to perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular basis.
- Process information / merchandise through the cash register (POS) and maintain proper cash handling procedures.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and assembly of merchandise.
- Assist in receiving and monitoring floor stock and ensure re-wraps are done promptly.
- Execute price changes & markdowns.
- Communicate guest requests to management.
- Assist in store housekeeping.
- To successfully complete all required training.
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are adequate.
- Work shifts vary, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours. Holiday, evening and weekend work may be required as dictated by business needs.
- Travel is not expected for this position.
It is essential that employee is available, flexible, and adaptable, service oriented and be able to fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends and overtime as dictated by business needs.
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for other employees and guests, as well as adhere to company safety training and guidelines.
- Ensure each guest receives outstanding service, to include greeting and acknowledging every guest.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices, including signing, pricing and loss prevention.
Physical and Mental Demands
This position is non-sedentary. It is essential to have the physical and mental stamina, as well as the ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely. To be able to operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely, properly and accurately. To provide the highest level of customer service. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
- Push and pull merchandise and or equipment.
- Occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
- Frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Move throughout the store for an entire shift and safely access all areas of the store, including selling floor, side lot, stock area and register area.
- Constantly operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. cash register, computer and other store equipment).
- Read, write and count accurately to complete any and all necessary documentation.
- To communicate effectively with other employees and guests using strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer/Guest Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Ethical Conduct
Required Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED
Preferred Education and Experience
1 – 3 years Sales experience
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. Employees should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
BusinessView all jobs at CBH CO-OP