Insurance Account Specialist I
- Over a month ago
- $19 to $29 Hourly
- Practice CBC core values:
- Make It Right-CBC pledges to do the right thing for our credit union by providing the greatest benefit possible to our members and our community
- Make It Easy-CBC pledges to provide easy financial solutions, convenient locations, efficient service and simplified processes
- Make It Personal-CBC pledges to nurture deep, personal relationships with members, based on their individual needs and preferences
- Prepare quotes and sell insurance policies
- Maintain, update and file insurance account records.
- Prepare and file statistical data reports with regulatory agencies
- Oversee insurance payments and collect on overdue payments
- Cancel, renew and/or reinstate policies
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required of an individual to satisfactorily perform the essential duties of this job.
- Previous sales experience in personal lines, commercial or life insurance.
- Research problems and/or opportunities and ensure the issue is solved or recommend a course of action
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Should have a working understanding of credit union loan and/or banking industry operations from a regulatory compliance, personnel administration and overall operations perspective.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills for effective personnel administration.
- Ability to carry out instructions independently and exhibit advanced problem‐solving and project management skills.
- Ability to accurately perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division; as well as advanced mathematical disciplines such as algebra, calculus, statistics, and probability; that enable financial analysis such as effective management of resources, and risk and probability forecasting,
- Exhibit effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend job-related materials efficiently.
- Ability to prepare written correspondence professionally; including the ability to develop academically defensible business cases and white papers and multi‐media (i.e. Power Point or Keynote) summaries that propose new or modified strategies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma required. One to three years of sales experience in the financial industry preferably. Strong knowledge of investment and/or insurance products.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Maintain personal lines license, or P&C, or Life License.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This position is of light physical activity performing non-strenuous tasks of a clerical nature. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently required to sit. Requires occasional standing and walking. Frequent repetitive use of both hands to include occasional simple grasping. Manual dexterity is sufficient to reach/handle items and work with hands to fingers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work area is a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. The noise level is moderate.
WORK SCHEDULE: Workweek will be 40 hours a week. Occasional attendance at meetings before or after scheduled hours may be required. Management reserves the right to change any employee's work schedule to meet the operational needs of the Credit Union. Furthermore, management reserves the right to reassign any employee, either temporarily or permanently, to work at another credit union location.
TRAVEL: Minimal overnight travel (up to 5%) by land and/or air.
I have read this job description and I attest that I am able to perform the essential duties and physical requirements of this position. I understand that the statements contained in this job description are not intended to establish an employment contract as I am considered an "at-will" employee. I am also aware that this job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
CBC Federal Credit Union
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at CBC Federal Credit Union
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?