About CB2 Insights
CB2 Insights has a mission to mainstream medical cannabis into traditional healthcare.
The Accounting Specialist performs a variety of general accounting tasks to support the accounting and finance teams on a local and corporate level. The ideal candidate for this position has a degree in Accounting or Business Administration (preferred), three to five years of accounting experience (required), and knowledge of general accounting procedures (required).
He or she must be detail-oriented, highly proficient with accounting software and with Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel).
- Fully manage the Company’s General Ledger and monitor daily transactions and balances.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, controls and principles and adding value by improving accounting processes and systems.
- Meet accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Lead the quarter and annual closing and coordinate annual audits.
- Analyze, prepare, and input payroll data ensuring compliance with company policies
- Support accounting activities, create AR and AP transactions, and process invoices and payments.
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree in Accounting or Business Administration required
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Three to five years of accounting experience and working with teams and coaching team members
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter and take ownership of duties
- Attention to detail and accuracy extremely important!