We are small trucking company seeking a CDL Class A Driver to join our team! This job position is for Landstar.
Driver will be paid 40% of the net profit to the truck weekly hauling Landstar supplied 53ft dry van trailer.
Truck is provided and is a 2014 Freightliner Cascadia mid-roof sleeper with automatic transmission and refrigerator.
Loads are dispatched via Landstar Load Board.
Flexible work schedule, but 1-3 weeks OTR with 3-5 days home time is preferred.
- Safely operate a heavy or tractor-trailer truck in compliance with all DOT and Federal laws and regulations
- Properly track and document activity log (ELD)
- Report any issues or incidents to dispatch
- Inspect truck before and after trip
- 23 years of age or older.
- Class A CDL with HazMat (H) or combination (X) endorsement.
- One (1) year of verifiable over-the-road driving within the past three years (3) or three years verifiable experience in the last 10 years, of which six months must be within the previous 48 months, with a Class “A” CDL using the type of equipment similar to what you will be operating at Landstar.
- No more than three (3) moving violations within the past three (3) years, with no more than one (1) excessive speeding (15+) within the last three (3) years.
- No at fault DOT recordable accident(s) within the past 12 months.
- No DUI or DWI in the past five (5) years, and no felony convictions in the past seven (7) years.
- No reckless driving, careless driving, and no suspension of drivers license over thiry (30) days in the past three (3) years.
- Must be able to speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to offical inquiries and to make entries on reports and records.
- No prior positive tests from any drug and/or alcohol testing performed by applicant’s previous employers or lease carriers.