Fast-flying, culture-first, deeply passionate, private aviation company seeks an FBO General Manger at Gnoss Field Airport (KDVO) in Marin Co., California to the highest degree of awesome while enjoying life to its fullest.
Ideal candidate possesses experience fueling aircraft, high aptitude for logistics and creative solutions, exudes effortless leadership ability, is a self-starter, efficient with her/his time, is handy with tools, likes to smile, speaks fluent aviation, and gels with a team of like-minded go-getters in all divisions of a highly ambitious company aimed at high net-worth clientele.
Candidate must display PASSION (for aviation and fueling), have solid computer skills, and communicate well. You will serve as a client-facing advocate for the company’s mission and values to become top-of-mind in private flight in the Western United States by fully embracing our business principles of profitable growth, client retention, world-class safety, 5-star customer service, team leadership, professional development, and maximum joy.
The GM of DVO will be a strong leader with a demonstrated ability to translate business strategies into effective action plans, timelines, and individual goals.
- Lead by example the environment and leadership expectations of the company
- Coach, mentor, develop and teach delegation strategies
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as point of contact
- Advocates / promotes organization and stakeholder change related to the organization mission
- Supports motivation of employees in organization/programs and operations
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action
- Develop and grow relationships with vendors, customers & tenants
- Advocate for the company culture
- Fuel and Marshall Aircraft on Demand
- Tow aircraft based at Gnoss Field
- Process Fuel Tickets & Other Payments
- Maintain FBO Building, Hangar and Grounds
- Basic Vehicle Maintenance on Courtesy Car and Fuel Trucks
- Comply with County and Airport Rules
- Ensure trucks, self-serve, farm and other ground handling equipment are up to Titan Aviation & County Standards
- Maintain records of Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Inspections
- Manage fuel inventory
- Set & Determine Contract & Retail Fuel Prices
- Track & Project Fuel Sales
- Interface with Airport Manager & other business on the field
- Hire, Train, & Schedule Employees
- Verify and Submit Employee Timecards
- Oversee and Negotiate Tenant Leases
- Full understanding of aviation safety standards and safe operating & emergency practices.
- Full understanding of the Company’s Operations Specifications.
- Expert level knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations pertaining to fueling and airports
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including team-building, coaching, decision making, and people development.
- Proven ability to set priorities, communicate objectives and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be On Call at least one week per month
- Maintains a valid state driver’s license and meet the company's insurance requirements
- Experience with operating an aircraft tug
- Ability to drive a manual transmission
- Knowledge of Payment Processing with Aviation Fuel Cards (Preferred)
Education or Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Management or similar subject, or 3-5 years of equivalent work experience is required.
- 3-5 years aviation experience is required.
- 2-5 years of management experience is required.
- Previous experience in a Part 135 or Part 121 operation (Preferred)
We offer eligible employees and their families a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for employees, their spouses, and dependents offered
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
- Unoccupied flights on CB managed planes
- Access to company Piper Warrior and Baron (KOGD)
- Considerable Fuel Discounts