Fast-flying, culture-first, deeply passionate, private aviation company seeks Director of Maintenance to be a BOSS re: all aspects of continued airworthiness of managed aircraft operated under 14 CFR Part 135 to the highest degree of safety while enjoying life to its fullest.
Ideal candidate possesses high aptitude for logistics and creative solutions, exudes effortless leadership ability, is a self-starter, efficient with her/his time, likes to smile, speaks fluent aviation, and gels with a team of like-minded go-getters in all divisions of a highly ambitious company aimed at high net-worth clientele.
Candidate must display PASSION (for aviation and winning), have exceptional computer & digital acumen, and communicate well. You will serve as a client-facing advocate for the company’s mission and values to become top-of-mind in private flight in the Western United States by fully embracing our business principles of profitable growth, client retention, world-class safety, 5-star customer service, team leadership, professional development, and maximum joy. The Director of Maintenance will be a strong thought leader with a demonstrated ability to translate business strategies into effective action plans, timelines, and individual goals.
- Lead by example the environment and leadership expectations of the company
- Coach, mentor, develop and teach delegation strategies
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as point of contact
- Advocates / promotes organization and stakeholder change related to the organization mission
- Supports motivation of employees in organization/programs and operations
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action
- Develop and grow relationships with vendors and owners
- Advocate for the company culture
- Interface with the owner aircraft maintenance schedule and obtain cost approvals during the maintenance and avionics events.
- Maintain, revise and control General Maintenance Manual, RVSM Manual, NEF Program Manual and all other forms and documents pertaining to aircraft maintenance.
- Performs on-site audits of maintenance providers and maintains the approved vendor list.
- Participate in audits conducted by regulatory authorities, customers and third-party safety organizations.
- Assure the tracking of time life and scheduled maintenance items on all managed aircraft.
- Conduct conformity inspection of managed aircraft to evaluate equipment and manual requirements required by Part 135 and to detect obvious damage, failure, or irregularities.
- Establish and maintain current availability status and time limitations of managed aircraft in CTA/FOS system.
- Establish maintenance budgets for managed aircraft based on annual operating assumptions.
- Authorize and coordinate all maintenance performed on managed
- Review maintenance invoices and match them against work estimates to ensure that maintenance is performed in a cost effective manner and properly invoiced.
- Ensure proper use of the Minimum Equipment List by authorizing MEL/CDL/NEF items and monitoring deferrals for timely closure.
- Has the authority to exercise operational control over initiating, conducting or terminating a flight.
- Ensure that all necessary documents pertaining to the release of an aircraft have been properly completed prior to flight.
- Prepare Special Flight Permits in accordance with company policies.
- Full understanding of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices.
- Full understanding of the Company’s Operations Specifications.
- Expert level knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including team-building, coaching and people development.
- Proven ability to set priorities, communicate objectives and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
Education or Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Maintenance, Aviation Management or similar subject, or 7-10 years of equivalent work experience is required.
- Airframe and Powerplant License is required.
- 10-15years aviation experience is required.
- 3-5 years of management experience is required.
- Previous experience in a Part 135 or Part 121 operation with aircraft with passenger carrying capacity of 10 or more is required.
- Previous experience with CAMP and TRAXALL maintenance tracking software is preferred.
We offer eligible employees and their families a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for employees, their spouses, and dependents offered
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
Company Aircraft available to fly at no cost except fuel
Why Work Here?CB SkyShare simplifies private flight for individuals and businesses. With physical locations in California and Utah, we're quickly scaling to top-of-mind in the exclusive world of private aviation.
CB SkyShare is the fastest growing private jet-share company in the country. Join us for this incredible ride!