Universal Teller-Sturgis, MS
- Expired: October 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Accurately and efficiently process and record routine transactions for bank customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, and processing loan payments. Promote and advise on the bank's products and services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide quality customer service through courteous and accurate handling of transactions.
- Perform specialized tasks such as preparing cashier's checks, personal money orders, issuing traveler's checks.
- Identify customers, validate and cash checks, accept cash and checks for deposit, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Accurately balance assigned cash drawer.
- Ensure compliance with all internal controls and policies and procedures
- Answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank related products; attempt to resolve issues and problems with customer's accounts
- Develops knowledge of bank products through independent study of Product Knowledge Manual and general banking knowledge through Professional Development or CFT courses.
- Completes all required monthly and quarterly training.
- Accurately process and/or report the following as outlined in established branch procedures:
- Garnishments, tax levies, subpoenas, etc.
- Counterfeit Currency Report.
- Mail (USPS, UPS, interoffice, mail deposits, hold mail, etc.)
- Night deposit logs.
- Balancing and reporting of the negotiable instrument log.
- Actively refers bank products and services to appropriate financial institution specialists.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Three years of teller experience or relevant work experience including clerical, administrative, cash handling, or customer service experience required.
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Advanced responsibilities or expertise such as Vault Teller, back-up Vault Teller, Publicity Coordinator, Professional Teller certification, cross-trained on new accounts, branch operational tasks, etc.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Complies with all bank policies and procedures as well as all state and federal regulations.
- Conforms to a high standard of appearance, conduct and communication.
- Analyzes, processes, and resolves issues in a competent, accurate, and proficient manner.
- Demonstrates respect and courtesy to each customer, visitor and co-worker.
- Processes customer transactions in a thorough and efficient manner.
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Universal Teller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.