Mixing Team Member - Food Production and Manufacturing
CAVA Laurel, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
At CAVA Support Centers we love what we do, and we try and make every day as fulfilling as the last. Our Support Center needs fanatics in tech, marketing, human resources, finance, operations, supply chain, and store development to support our growing brands.
We foster a culture built on five core values:
Positivity – Every one of us can change someone’s day for the better.
Transparency –We use transparency to help us make decisions through open dialogue
Humility – We can always find ways to improve.
Fanaticism – We are passionate about the opportunity to turn every guest into a fanatic.
Thoughtfulness –We go above and beyond for our guests, our teams and communities.
Mixing/Batching Team Member:
Our Batching Team Member will assist in ingredient preparation and batching operations on the manufacturing line. This includes following recipes, weighing ingredients, feeding production equipment, and participating in end-of-shift cleanup activities.
What You’ll Do:
- Read and follow recipes to prepare ingredients for batching.
- Weigh and portion raw ingredients for mixing.
- Deliver formulated ingredients into a mixer.
- Transfer raw materials and finished products to and from the batching area.
- Open cased ingredients and place them into bins for future processing.
- Follow all food safety standards, GMP’s, and maintaining a sanitary work environment.
- Coordinate with team members and departments to ensure timely and efficient production.
- Experience in a food manufacturing/production facility.
- Availability to work early mornings (as early as 5:00 am regularly)
- Flexibility in shift scheduling (Minimal - we work to ensure team members have a regular consistent schedule to aid in achieving work-life balance)
- Goal-oriented with good attention to detail
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Physical dexterity, ability to lift up to 45 lbs and push/pull up to 250 lbs regularly
- The ability to work in varied environmental conditions (dry, cold)
- The ability to stand and work on feet for 8 to 10 hours at a time
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Must be able to identify, assess and observe detail
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly
- Ability to squat, kneel, bend and twist occasionally
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
What we offer:
- Weekly pay!
- A regular shift and a 4-day work week (with occasional extension to 5 days)
- Competitive pay
- Health, Dental, Vision, Telemedicine, Pet Insurance plus more!
- 401k enrollment with CAVA contribution
- Company-paid STD, LTD, Life and AD&D coverage for salaried positions*
- Free CAVA meal for every shift worked
- Casual work environment
- The opportunity to be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing brand
*Indicates qualifying eligible positions only
CAVA – Joining “A culture, not a concept”
As an equal opportunity employer, CAVA considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or any other characteristic or protected classes as defined by federal, state, or local law.
ManufacturingView all jobs at CAVA