At CAVA + Zoës Kitchen, the number one criteria for being a fit for any role is being a culture fit! That’s why our core values are so important to us.
The Core Values:
• POSITIVITY – We believe in the power of positivity. Every one of us has the ability to change someone’s day for the better.
• TRANSPARENCY – We believe in open and respectful communication. We use transparency to help us make decisions and inform how we talk to each other.
• HUMILITY – We can always find ways to improve. The more we learn, the more we see how much we don’t know and how much we need others to help us learn to grow.
• FANATACISM – We are passionate about our mission and turning every guest into a fanatic. We bring that energy to everything we do.
• THOUGHTFULNESS – To us, every detail matters. We go above and beyond for our guests, our teams, and our communities.
The Corporate Senior Accountant is part of the CAVA’s Accounting Department and will report to the Assistant Controller. This position requires full cycle accounting and financial analysis responsibilities. In addition, the role will have a measurable impact on our ability to continue to grow CAVA. It is critical that this person be able to work independently and solve problems in complex accounting situations. A successful candidate will be team player, detailed oriented, efficient, and accurate.
• Complete the day to day activities, period end close process, and reconciliations for financial statement accounts
• Act as a resource for daily inquiries from store general managers, external vendors, and other internal departments for various accounting issues
• Apply and research GAAP accounting principles, including evaluating and implementing the new lease guidance
• Find resolutions to accounting issues as they arise and discuss concerns with the Assistant Controller with a solutions based approach
• Complete job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner
• 4-year undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field
• 2-4 years of experience in general accounting
• Strong excel/computer skills
• Strong communication skills
• NetSuite experience a plus
• Proven ability to work effectively in collaboration with department heads as well as the executive team
A passion to be part of a team– this is not a job
CAVA - Support Center (HQ)
H Street Northwest, Washington, DC, US Washington,DC 20001 USA