Maintenance Tech I - Verona Plant
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
Maintenance Tech I – Verona Plant
At CAVA Foods we love what we do, and we try and make every day as fulfilling as the last. Our CAVA Foods team needs team members to make the magic happen every day. Everyone matters and we’re here to celebrate your growth.
We foster a culture built on five core values:
- Generosity First, Always: We lead with kindness. Our best work happens when we act in service of others.
- Constant Curiosity: We are eager to learn, grow, and explore beyond the obvious.
- Act with Agility: We welcome change; it’s the only constant. We embrace, adjust, adapt.
- Passion for Positivity: We greet each day with warmth and possibility.
- Collective Ambition: We have high aspirations that are achieved when we work together with a shared purpose.
The Maintenance Tech must support and maintain a safe work environment and equipment reliability to improve the operations of CAVA Foods in Verona, Virginia. The role oversees safety, equipment, production, quality, and distribution to support the consumer-packaged goods business and our CAVA locations throughout the US. The maintenance Tech will report to the Operations manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly preventative maintenance in assigned area.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical/electronic equipment used in the facility.
- Perform repairs and equipment installation/removal in an efficient manner.
- Maintain good housekeeping at workstations and work areas.
- Respond to plant emergencies including equipment malfunction, fires, severe weather, etc. as directed by supervision.
- Demonstrate proper lock out / tag out procedures and maintain a safe working environment.
- Complete daily maintenance paperwork for assigned work orders/requests and checklists.
- Special projects/duties as assigned by maintenance supervisor or manager.
- Be willing to assist in operation of equipment throughout the shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing facility (Food manufacturing preferred).
- Current enrollment / future in a vocational apprenticeship program.
- Basic PC competency and ability to use mobile apps on handheld devices.
- Familiar with simple wiring diagrams, symbols, and electrical troubleshooting.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Work order management / CMMS Systems.
- Preventive/predictive maintenance procedures.
- Commonly used industrial hand tools.
- Basic troubles shooting skills.
- Basic blueprint and schematic reading
- Basic AC/DC electrical and electronic principles
- Basic metal fabrication and welding (Tig, Mig)
- Basic Knowledge of Industrial Controls
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- 2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Experience with automated conveyor systems and controls
- Experience with Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards
- Experience with Programmable Logic Control (PLC) programs and Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs)
- Ability to troubleshoot basic Input/Output functions.
- Experience with robotic operation/ maintenance
What we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Benefits + perks which include paid parental leave, and paid opportunities to give back to the community.
- Opportunity to grow into a key member of the operations department as department grows.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Telemedicine, Pet insurance plus more!
- 401k enrollment with CAVA contribution
- Free CAVA food
- Casual work environment
CAVA – Joining “A culture, not a concept.”
As an equal opportunity employer, CAVA considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or any other characteristic or protected classes as defined by federal, state, or local law.
CAVA - Cava Foods, VeronaVerona, VA
Energy and Environment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.