Interested in learning how to repair cars? We will train!
JOB SUMMARY & QUALIFICATIONS
This position is responsible for repairing a vehicle following body damage. This person must maintain a current skill and education level to repair vehicles at a high quality level and in accordance with factory specifications. A Repair Technician must be meticulous and thorough in the quality of their work. He/she must be able to read and understand every aspect of a work order to ensure proper repair on the damaged vehicle. It is imperative that this technician possess a good work attitude and foster a positive team spirit both within the department as well as between the other departments in support with the overall philosophy of the company and fellow employees. The Repair Technician must strive to improve quality and productivity of work.
ACCOUNTABILITY & RESPONSIBILITY OF POSITION
- Evaluate the damages to the vehicle
- Responsible for disassembling the vehicle and working with the writer to determine the strategy for repairs.
- Check all parts to ensure that they are correct for the repair assigned; if incorrect, notify the Parts Manager immediately
- Responsible for protection of the vehicle from repairs. Review and document all required repair procedures.
- Responsible for repairing the vehicle to the shop and manufactures required procedures and quality.
- Responsible for protecting the vehicle throughout the repair process
- Responsible to repair the vehicle and have all parts needing paint organized and delivered to the paint department
- Responsible for reassembling the vehicle once paint is completed.
Tools & Environment
- Responsible for providing and maintaining own set of hand tools, including air sanders, air wrenches, miscellaneous air tools, and a mobile tool cabinet
- Maintain a safe and clean environment in which to work that reflects the excellent working conditions of the company
- Responsible for reporting any discrepancies, missed damage, hazardous conditions, damaged tools and equipment or other unusual problems to Estimator
- Adopt work habits that are in accordance with the Company Employee Policy Manual and perform all assigned repairs which are safe and correct to reflect the philosophy of the company
- Experience or equivalent training in automotive painting
- Skills & Abilities Required
- Work independently without close supervision
- Flexible/adaptable to constant change
- Motivated and organized
- Customer focused perspective towards repairs
- Analytical, decision making, delegation skills
- Works well with others and positive work ethic
- Physical Requirements
- General physical skills (carrying, lifting – 100 lbs, squatting, kneeling, pushing, standing, sitting, walking, reaching, pulling extensively)
- Repetitive motion
- Driving, must have valid Drivers License
- On-the-job exposure to the following elements