Nuclear Med Tech - Per Diem
Nuclear Med Tech - Per Diem*
**IMPORTANT NOTE: In lieu of benefits due to "per diem" status, 15% will be added to the hourly rate. Per diem employees are offered work on an "as-needed" basis.**
At the clinical direction of the Radiologist and the administrative direction of the Imaging Services Manager, perform diagnostic studies utilizing radiopharmaceuticals and imaging equipment with minimum supervision. Perform quality control procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited radiology program.
- ARRT – American Registry Radiologic Technologist certificate(R) and certification in Nuclear Medicine (N) required.
- Certified BLS required.
- N.M.T.C.B. certified.
- NV State radiology license.
- Ability to communicate with employees, physicians, patients and administrative staff in a courteous and professional manner.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare radiopharmaceuticals on a daily basis according to department protocol.
- Perform diagnostic studies.
- Review medical record and exam requisition for pertinent information.
- Transport patient to treatment rooms maintaining safety, comfort and modesty.
- Explain procedure to patient.
- Administer Intravenous injection of radiopharmaceuticals as authorized by physician and closely monitor during exam.
- Position patient according to protocol.
- Operate and manipulate gamma camera to produce and process images.
- Recognize and respond to any adverse condition the patient may develop.
- Interact with physician to optimize diagnostic plan.
- Print images according to department protocol.
- Coordinate scheduling with radiology clerk, EKG and ordering physician.
- Contact all patients prior to their exam to insure a minimum of cancelled exams and lost doses due to improper preps or no-shows.
- Perform daily calibration check on equipment.
- Report problems to department manager and field service engineer.
- Survey all areas exposed to isotopes and perform regular wipe tests as necessary.
- Maintain records of all isotopes from the time they are received until the time they are disposed of. Report all spills or misadministration’s to the R.S.O. and to the Radiation Safety Committee.
- Provide radiation safety training to other hospital personnel, as needed.
- Perform linearity check on dose calibrator and schedule regular department surveys by a medical physicist.
CARSON VALLEY HEALTH IS PROUD TO BE RECOGNIZED AS A FINALIST IN THE
"BEST PLACES TO WORK" - NORTHERN NEVADA, 2021 & 2022!
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU TO OUR TEAM!!
CARSON VALLEY HEALTHGardnerville, NV
HealthcareView All CARSON VALLEY HEALTH Jobs
Get fresh Nuclear Med Tech - Per Diem jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.