- Posted: 3 days ago
Join Team CARFAX as a Payroll Manager
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more-informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. One last thing: Our four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
The Payroll Manager is a vital member of our Finance department who will manage the end-to-end payroll process, seek creative opportunities for improvement, and partner with leaders and teams across the company as our subject matter expert for all things related to payroll.
This role has an expectation of 3 days in the office per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform multi-state payroll processing, reconciliation, and reporting to include salaries, benefits, leave, loans, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Own payroll procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with regulatory and reporting requirements, including federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws, as well as Sarbanes-Oxley
- Ensure maintenance of employee record and updates to include new hires, terms, and changes to pay
- Serve as main point of contact for employee payroll questions & training
- Prepare payroll documents and reports including monthly, quarterly and year-end for gross payroll, federal, state, and local taxes, benefits, etc.
- Facilitate internal and external audits on payroll processing and system controls/access
- Other duties as required
What we’re looking for:
- 8-10+ years of related experience
- Must be able to work in our Centreville, VA office 3+ days/week
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, reconciliation, internal control, and taxes
- Experience with implementing process improvements, training, and workflow documentation
- Must be proficient with ADP Workforce Now, Time and Attendance, and Payroll. Workday experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Analytical team player with strong leadership and communication skills, attention to detail, and customer service skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and generous time-off policies
- 4-Day summer work weeks and a winter holiday break
- 401(k) / RRSP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t just take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Best Places to Work
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at CARFAX
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?