- Expired: July 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join our Winning Team as a Legal Assistant
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we're proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We're proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We've created the type of company culture where the term, "work- hard play- hard" isn't just a catchy saying, it's part of the #CARFAXdifference!
The Legal Assistant will support a rapidly growing business by supporting a 6-person Legal Team.
As a Legal Assistant, you will:
- Manage and help triage all internal and external requests and correspondence to the Legal Team, including processing incoming mail and packages
- Support the Commercial Contracts team by managing and tracking contracts and working with the business to make sure the Legal Team has the information it needs for contract requests
- Support the Litigation team in responding to third party subpoenas and managing litigation holds
- Conduct legal and online research
- Perform other duties as needed, including scheduling meetings, compiling team metrics and liaising with other departments such as Finance and Human Resources to support the Legal Team
- Bachelor's degree
- At least five years of related experience in a law firm or corporate legal department (notary public certification is a plus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and LexisNexis
- Excellent legal and online research skills
- Strong work ethic with excellent follow up skills and a proactive mindset
- Detail-oriented, superior organizational skills and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and take initiative when appropriate
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A self-starter with an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world's largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell - Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.
LegalView all jobs at CARFAX