Sr. Manager/Director Internal Audit
Seeking an Internal Audit Manager with proven leadership experience who is passionate about auditing, continuous improvement, and a commitment to personal and team growth and development. The ideal person will possess demonstrated audit experience along with executive presence and business acumen.
The Sr Manger/Director of Internal Audit will need to be an energetic and articulate individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills. He or She should acclimate quickly, be able to execute the internal audit plan, and serve as an effective partner to business leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Determine, plan, and develop the group's yearly risk-based audit plan.
- Initiate different project planning and help to assess risk.
- Lead the planning, execution and reporting of high quality financial, compliance, and operational internal audits with the assistance of another audit team member or guest auditor.
- Support the Internal Audit team by participating in various audits and supplying specialized knowledge (e.g., language skills, process audit knowledge, and data analytics) where needed.
- Direct, review and test internal controls over financial reporting and business processes to assess compliance with company policies and leading practices.
- Create and or review all paperwork and audit reports for compliance and operational audits.
- Review the reports that were prepared by other auditors.
- Deliver persuasive audit reports with constructive and meaningful recommendations based on audit findings and assist with summarized reporting for senior management or Audit Committee presentations.
- Lead and support internal initiatives to improve internal audit processes.
- Deliver internal audit's work on time, within agreed budget, and in accordance with audit methodology and agreed quality standards.
- Help to verify the appropriateness of different financial situations as they relate to liabilities, assets, revenues, and other transactions.
- Take part in the coordination of audit assignments and ensure good interactions with the operating companies, administrators, staff, and external auditors.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies by providing short and long-term planning.
- Recommend different methods that could help to enhance and improve control procedures.
- Work with the management to resolve issues that may have been identified through audit findings.
- Perform research on the latest trends and other issues relating to the industry.
- Guide and advise the organization to ensure that the development and processes adopted are legal, and work to achieve a wide range of organizational goals.
- Ensure proper documentation of the results of the audit evaluations.
- Plan and allocate resources in accordance with skills and schedules.
- Perform other related assignments as assigned by management.
- Domestic and International travel
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- Years and Type of Experience:
- 6+ years with a "Big Four" audit firm at either the manager position, or within a year of making manager is required. Internal audit experience with a "Fortune 500" company a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
- Experience with COSO 2013, SOX 404 and internal control assessments is required.
- US CPA or CIA is preferred. Experience with consolidation accounting and reporting in multi-national companies is preferred.
- First-hand experience with anti-corruption and forensic audits is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with all aspects of the financial audit cycle including risk assessment and scoping, designing and executing audit procedures, identifying and discussing audit findings and writing audit reports
- Skills, Abilities, and Attributes:
- Results Orientation: Strong drive to deliver results and get the job done.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset: Always learning, willing to take risks, striving to improve are all part of your DNA.
- High Energy and Initiative: Highest work ethic and passion to excel. Takes initiative to overcome obstacles and can handle a degree of ambiguity.
- Executive Presence: Must have "executive presence" and be able to immediately establish credibility within the organization and with customers and partners.
- Teamwork/Collaboration: Team player who can work effectively within the Internal Audit team, across Finance, and with the business. Contributes in a positive way to the team dynamic. Able to function independently and identify opportunities to drive process improvements to audits and the team.
- Integrity/Ego in check: Nothing less than 100 percent ethical conduct can be acceptable. Confident with ego in check. Has humility to continually learn and focus on results despite challenges.
- Communications: Excellent and persuasive verbal and written communication skills. Transparent.
Disclosure: These responsibilities are in no way meant to be conclusive. May be asked to perform other necessary and related responsibilities accordingly.