Substance Abuse Support Services (SASS) is a community based program, intensive case management program that focuses on and support recovery of individuals involved with the child welfare system, with the desire of successful reunification of parents with their children. We have an opening for passionate individual with experience working with parents who are involved with the child welfare system, or individuals with substance use disorders. This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a field that allows for a credential overseen by the State of Michigan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate educational classes/groups related to programming as needed
- Maintains a case load and provides case management, treatment and community outreach services
- Conduct eligibility screenings and assessments for substance use disorders and co-occurring behavioral health issues
- Build working relationships with agencies/organizations in support of persons served recovery
- Apply evidenced based practices including the use of motivational interviewing and other strategies to encourage full participation from those receiving services.
- A Bachelor’s degree in social work, sociology, psychology, family ecology, consumer/community services, family studies, or child development, school counseling, counseling psychology, education or related field
- Individual with active status licensure in one of the following areas and is working within their licensure specified scope of practice: (LBSW, LPC, LLP, etc.)
- Or have either of the specified credentials: CADC, CAC-R, CAADC, CCS
- This position requires certification by Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP) or a registered development plan after hire. The certification process involves completing a development plan with the MCBAP, and completing an exam. Individuals have 2 years to complete this process. Please visit www.mcbap.com for more info.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with persons served with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
- Experience working with families/adults with substance use disorders or related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of Recovery Oriented System of Care and Trauma Informed Services.
- Experience delivering co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders services utilizing a team based approach to provide intensive, highly coordinated and flexible support including home visits. Care coordination across multiple systems, etc. is preferred.