The CCS/AMHD Licensed RN Case Manager shall be a member the multi-professional team responsible for ensuring all consumers are provided with a complete an integrated consumer centered intake assessment. The assessment shall include, but not be limited to, consumer strengths, preferences, abilities, needs, and historical data regarding the consumer's family, social support, cultural influences and medical status including psychiatric illness, substance abuse legal; employment, education, abuse and neglect issues, crisis planning and activities of daily living.
The CCS/AMHD Licensed RN Case Manager is also responsible for conducting psychiatric and medical assessments, basic, health care, education, and coordination of medical needs; coordination of appointments/referrals with community physicians, manage, and monitor psychotropic medication administration under the supervision/order of the psychiatrist.
The CCS/AMHD Licensed RN Case Manager shall be responsible for coordinating the development of and monitoring the implementation of the Individualized Recovery Plan (IRP). The CCS/AMHD RN CM to consumer ratio shall not exceed one 1:40, the ratio assumes a caseload mix of consumers with varying needs and that the majority of the consumer population of the caseload is relatively stable and in active stages of recovery; Under the direct supervision of the CBCM Team Leader/Psychiatrist or APRN RxPosition Qualifications:
- Minimum Education: Must be a Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Hawaii, Master's (MA) degree preferred, may have Bachelor's (BA) or Associate's (AA) degree and preferable two (2) years experience, preferably in mental health. AMHD is required 1-2 years experience.
- Minimum Field-of-Expertise:Strong clinical skills and experience demonstrating competence in problem-solving, critical thinking, collaboration, and clinical competencies in providing education and training to staff members. Computer proficiency in various software.
- Required Certification/Registration: Must be licensed to practice in the state of Hawaii;
- Basic Life Support: (renew upon it's expiration)
- TB Clearance (2-step upon hire and annually)
- Physical (annually)
- Required Experience: Must have educational and/or experience as noted above; interest and knowledge of current trends and new developments in the mental health field for the adult target population. Inpatient/outpatient psychiatric nursing preferred
- Demonstrates a welcoming, empathetic and integrated approach towards all consumers on the team
- Implement a treatment model that is consistent with the Comprehensive, Continuous, Integrated System of Care
- Assist each consumer in developing recovery services relationships with multi-professional treatment team members that include, but are not limited to, a peer Specialist, Registered Nurse, Psychiatrist or Advance Practice Registered Nurse with Prescriptive Authority (APRNRx)
- Ensure all CBCM consumers meet admission criteria for Case Manager Services i.e. level of care current LOCUS; consumers receiving crisis services for longer than 1 month; eligible diagnosis
- Ensure that initial face-to-face intake contact shall be made with each consumer AMHD within twenty-four (24) hrs of referral from short term crisis stabilization; within three (3) days of referral when the consumer is in a hospital; and within five (5) days of referral from community agency. CCS within 3 business days.
- Complete an integrated intake assessment for each consumer through face-to-face contacts and with significant others involved in the consumers treatment and recovery, as well as, on going comprehensive assessments of each consumer's mental health symptoms, accurate diagnosis, and response to treatment.
- Provide each consumer with single, individualized recovery plan (IRP); that shall include consumers input into all aspects of their treatment planning.
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly team meetings
- Provide support and education in regards to psychotherapy, medications, clinical services, general health services, dental services, living-support and crisis services
CARE Hawaii Inc