Cardinal Capital Management, Inc. is seeking a part-time Service Coordinator for a senior/disabled property in Waterloo IA. Applicant should have experience working with seniors, working in social services, and thorough knowledge of available community resources. Must have ability to advocate, organize, problem solve, and provide results for the residents served. The ideal candidate will have a bachelors' degree in Human Services, Social Work, Gerontology or related field. This position requires an ability to work both independently and as part of a team, multi-task, meet deadlines, and provide strong customer service. Applicants must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
Service Coordinator Job Duty Summary:
● Links tenants within the project to supportive services or medical services provided by public agencies or private practitioners within the general community. The service coordinator may assess service needs and determine eligibility for services.
● Provides general case management, including intake & referral services to all residents needing such assistance. May provide formal case management if service is not available in community.
● Conducts assessments of health, psychological & social needs. Develops an individually tailored case plan for services & periodic reassessment of the tenant’s situation.
● Establishes linkages with all agencies & service providers in the community; shops around to determine/develop the best “deals” in service pricing to assure individualized, flexible & creative services for the involved tenant(s).
● Sets up a directory of providers for use by both project staff & tenants.
● Refers and links the tenants of the project to service providers in the general community; for example, case management, personal assistance, homemaker, meals, transportation, counseling, occasional visiting nurse, preventative health screening/wellness & legal advocacy.
● Educates tenants on service availability, application procedures, client rights, etc. providing advocacy as appropriate.
● May develop case plans in coordination with assessment services in community.
● Monitors the ongoing provision of services from community agencies & keeps the case management & provider agency current with the progress of the individual.
● May set up volunteer support programs with service organizations in the community.
● Helps the residents build informal support networks with other residents, family & friends.
● May provide training to project residents in the obligations of tenancy or coordinate such training.
● May educate other staff on the management team on issues relating to aging in place & service coordination, to help them better work with & assist the tenants.
● Presents workshops or informative sessions to tenants on subjects of tenant interest.
CARDINAL CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INCWaterloo, IA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.